✦𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱✦

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐢𝐱: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐂𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐤-𝐔𝐩

We went from store to store, some of them that the boys didn't even have in the United Kingdom. Clothes, makeup, hair products, hygiene stuffs like toiletries, accessories, and a bag to put it all in were bought for me.

When it was around noon, we decided to have some lunch before heading back to the hotel. Or, the plan was to go back to the hotel.

"Y/n, we just got a call from management, there's a doctor waiting at the venue the boys last performed at a couple of days ago to quickly check up on the baby, so we're gonna stop by there and get you all looked over, alright?" Paul said, returning to our table after he had left to answer his phone.

I only nodded, my being filling with dread. I had a small fear of doctors. Just the thought of a stranger asking personal questions, has permission to give you drugs, cut you open, stab you with needles, take your blood, and other stuff is pretty creepy if you really think about it.

When you live on the streets and are hella ignored, you have a lot of time to think and reflect on things. I guess becoming homeless really made me think and question things to the point where I shouldn't have.

I saw the greatness in how they save lives and have helped the human race evolve, but there have been some scary ass doctors who have taken their job for granted. Luckily it's extremely rare, though. Something like that hasn't happened in my area or the states surrounding, so that's really good and the thought soothed me a lot.

And I suppose my anxiety was clear to the boys because Zayn placed a hand on my shoulder. "It'll be alright, Y/n. Maybe we'll see if you have a gender already," He said, giving me a small, assuring smile. The grin made me ease a bit, and with the help of the four others soothing me and giving me not only words but looks of reassurance, I felt a whole lot better.

The whole ride to the venue, the boys were total sweethearts. The crowd was small at the venue so we were able to get inside with ease. As soon as we got to the dressing area, a woman with all sorts of medical technology was waiting for us.

"Hi, Y/n, right?" She greeted with a gentle smile. I only nodded, making my way over. "I'm Dr Shay, I'm going to be traveling with you and making sure everything is okay with you and your baby," Shay introduced, her slight English accent putting me at ease.

After that, she had me sit in a chair as she took my vitals and asked me since questions. The boys were off playing on the stage, so only Paul, Shay, and I were in the dressing room for this appointment. "Looks like you're a bit dehydrated, which is too be expected, so I'd try to drink at least two to three bottles of water a day. The more water the better. Not only for you, but for the baby. Speaking of the little thing, I've got some machines here to start an ultrasound so we can see the little one," Shay chirped.

As she was preparing me and about to put the jelly on my inflamed belly, "Can you get the boys, Paul?" I asked quickly, making him go wide eyed. "I think they'd wanna see this," I explained timidly, earning a small nod. Less than two minutes pass and all five boys are in the room, eagerly following Paul. "Right, ready?" Shay asked, earning a nod.

All eyes were trained on the screen, and for some reason, as soon as I saw the fetus, I broke down crying. "Oh, my God," I gasped, my hand moving up to cover my mouth. "See that little thing on its belly, there?" Shay pointed at the monitor with her free hand, "That's your baby's heartbeat," She said with a smile.

"So the baby's alive?" Louis asked with a smile. "Yep! It's a bit small due to malnutrition which was expected, given Y/n's situation, but with some supplements and some more protein, the baby will be just fine," What said, moving the wand back and forth slowly so we could see the baby at multiple angles.

I felt an arm wrap around me, making me turn to face Liam, who had a bright smile on his face and tears in his eyes. "Do you know how long she's along?" Liam asked. "I'd say maybe... About seventeen weeks, so maybe on the verge of about four months," Shay explained. "Four?!" I gasped, making her nod, "You're just not as big because you haven't been eating well."

I was four fucking months in.

Holy shit.

"Can you see what gender they are?" Niall asked. Shay shifted the wand and hummed uncertainly. "It's not showing a direct cord to where I'd be able to tell exactly what gender, but it seems to be pointing towards a boy, but I'm not so sure," Shay said, "It should be fully developed by next week, though, so I wouldn't just jump into thinking you're having a boy when you may not be."

I nodded wiping away my tears while leaving into Liam's side. "I'm so happy it's still alive," I sobbed out into my hand, earning gentle smiles from everyone in the room. "Do you want pictures of this so you can have them on you?" Shay asked me, making my heart flutter. "I... I can do that?" I spluttered, earning an awe and a nod from the doctor. "Yes, please," I whispered, making her smile.

"Alright, I'll have these all printed up and get you on some strengthening supplements and I'll see you for another visit next week, okay?" Shay said softly, retracting the wand and moving to wipe off the jelly from my belly with a baby wipe.

My baby is alive. And I'm four months pregnant. Holy shit.