Sixty

Loki glanced out one of the windows in Willas living room, seeing the fog thicken. Even though it was almost midday, the sky was dark enough to seem as though it was evening. He knew why, he knew she was close by, needing the cover.

'This is heavy..'.. He turned, seeing Wanda come out of the bedroom, and his heart ached, the illusion on her of Nimueh. He cleared his throat and walked over, taking the sword from her.

'Are you alright?..'.. He asked, holding out his other hand to her, while she nervously smoothed her own down her clothes, before taking his hand.

'A little nervous. I know I'm stronger than Morgana, but she's older, she's more experienced than me. What if she kills me befor-..'

'Willa will not let that happen and neither will the rest of us. We know the plan, and as long as we stick with it, this will be over soon..'.. He have her hand a reassuring squeeze... 'Are you ready?..'.. She nodded to him, and he released her hand, sliding his arm around her waist and pulling her close, teleporting them to Central Park... 'It is time darling..'.. He said, letting her go and handing the sword back... 'You know what to do?..'.. Wanda nodded again and he took a few steps back from her.

Wanda focused her strength, and drew the sword from its scabbard, letting the tip sink to the ground, and held the handle with both hands, taking the stance. Now they just had to wait, for Morgana to come to them.

------------------------------------------------------------

Nat blew out a breath, her arm linked through Buckys as the two walked casually around Central Park. They were close to the location, but not too close to draw suspicion. Both were wearing nanomasks, making it seem as though they were just an ordinary couple, out for a walk.

'Is it just me or does something not sit right about this with you?..'.. She heard Bucky mutter... 'Like we're being watched..'

'I'm watching you..'.. The two hear Tony through their comms.

'As am I Barnes, and Vison and Samuel..'.. Thors proud tone letting them know he was there.

'Yeah, I get you're all watching, I just meant it feels like someone else is watching..'.. Bucky grumbled, and Nat gave his arm a squeeze.

'Its Willa. Thor said she's close by, waiting so it's probably her..'.. Nat murmurs quietly, but gets pulled to a stop by Bucky. She glances up at him, seeing him stare ahead, and she followed his gaze. Right there, about 30ft from them, stood in a line were Willas friends. Nat felt an icy shiver run through her from the empty stares they were getting... 'Shit. Guys, we have a problem..'

'What?..'.. Steve asked in her ear.

'Willas friends are here, but I don't think they're in control..'.. Nat noted Grace, Mika, Christi, Pheobe and a man, who she knew from pictures as Matt. Something was off, where was Anna, Morgan and Alex?... 'I think she's here..'.. Nat pulled her arm free, looking around, but when she turned back to Bucky, he grabbed her by the throat... 'What are you doing?..'.. She choked out.

'I can't stop it Nat..'.. She could see him fighting, tiny little flicks of purple glowing in the irises of his eyes... 'We need help!..'.. He gritted out.

Nat fought against his hold, she knew he was trying to let go, he was holding her tight but not squeezing... 'Sorry about this..'.. She kicked him as hard as she could in the stomach, and he let her go. Sucking in a deep breath, she kept her eyes on him as he straightened up.