#C1: A Vision

"In the world of real estate, ambition is the cornerstone of greatness"

._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._.

_

As the morning sun filtered through the floor-to-ceiling windows of his corner office, Zane Blackwell, CEO of Villaments, sat behind a sleek glass desk, reviewing the latest financial reports. The hum of the city below echoed faintly against the walls, a constant reminder of the pulsating energy of urban life. With a focused gaze, Zane tapped away at his laptop, orchestrating deals and envisioning the next strategic move in the competitive world of real estate. Today, like every day, was an opportunity to shape the skyline and carve his legacy into the city's concrete heart. The buzzing of his phone got him out of his concentration.

"Hello, CEO of Villaments, Zane Blackwells speaking", I say, my tone heavy with authority. "And who is this?", I ask. "Oh yes my apologies sir....", after a few seconds of pause i respond, "Well yes certainly, I was just going through the financial reports, before you called me."

Nodding I get up from my chair, and walk around the desk towards the floor-to-ceiling windows and look down at the world beneath me, "Yes, I would say the same too, the sales have dropped by point-one percent, but this won't happen again, I will make sure there will be only profits in the future. Thank you-" closes eyes in annoyance "Yes Mr. Monroe, I will keep that in mind, now if there is nothing else, I have a few other matters to attend to."

Hanging up the call I release an annoyed sigh, walking back to my desk I take the portfolio and my laptop, and walk towards the couch near the windows. I go through the rest of the file, making notes of what has gone wrong this year, what we could do to improve it and why it happened.

Knock , knock, knock

"Come in", I say in a cold voice. I looked up to see my PA Liz walk-in with files in hand and placed them on my desk and just stood there, "Well? What are they?" I ask annoyed. "Well sir these are the profiles of the candidates for the interview you asked me to bring in....", "And?", "Umm, the Chairman called in and told me to tell you to short-list them, and send them to him", sighing I nod my head "Well ok thank you for bringing them in, you can leave now... oh and while you are at it get me a cup of coffee LIGHT" I say to Liz as she walks out. "Sure sir, I will bring it right away, I will take my leave now" I just nod my head focusing back on the files in-hand.

TWO HOURS LATER

I sigh as I close the financial file, and send the document to Liz, so she can take a few photocopies of them for the upcoming meeting which is tomorrow. I phone her to inform her, after two rings she picks it up "Hello this is Liz PA of-", "I have sent a file, take ten photocopies of them and place them on my desk, in under half an hour, thank you", "Yes sir sure, will do it right away, anything else sir?", she responds, "Ah yes, when did Chairman Sir tell I have to give him the files?" I ask, drumming my fingertips on the glass top. "Ummm sir just a second" she says, as she types something on her desktop.

After a few seconds she replies "Ummm sir he wants it by the 19th, which is um... this friday.", I nod even though she can't see me, "Ok sure, thank you."

I finish the rest of the coffee left, and walk over to my desk to place my laptop on charge and file in the shelf behind my desk. Picking up my phone from my desk, I just scroll through instagram for five minutes. Walking back over to the couch I sit and decide to take a power-nap.

Knock, knock, knock

The sound jolts me awake, "Come in.", as soon as I say that Liz walks in with the prints and places them on the desk. "Anything else sir?", she asked me. I shake my head and she nods and walks out closing the door behind her.

Picking my phone up again I made a few more calls to some of my clients, and my legal, financial and marketing teams and arranged a meeting the following week to discuss the loss that the company has faced.

"Let's call it a day" I think to myself, as I hang up the last call and wrap up for the day.

As soon as I walk out of my office, Liz stands up, I nod my head towards her and say, "You can pack up and go home now, be on time for tomorrows meeting, what time is it at again?", I ask. "It is at 2 o' clock sir." she says, while packing up. I nod and head towards the elevator.

._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._.

Hey Munchkins!!!!!!

This is a long chapter, as I didn't update for a while now.

Hope you like it.

Comment, Vote and Share my story with your fellow friends who love reading.

Love yall.

Happy reading 😘😘.