Chapter 14

"Do you have everything with you?" Adeline says for the fifth time

We came together to the headquarters as she wanted to say goodbye for the last time. She was a little bit dramatic about me away alone for the first time on my own.

She's was like a mother to me but mainly to herself, she didn't get the mother love while growing up so she wanted to do it for others as she was healing her inner child.

"Yes I do everything." I say to her as we stood next to the taxi. It was seven in the morning. The sun was slowly risen, the fall was coming slowly.

"Message me after you checked-in, and don't forget to explore the city." She points out with a smile on her face.

"Of course, I will and you don't forget to lock the doors and the windows, after you went to bed." I tell her as I twirled my handbagage in a circle.

She nods and takes me in her arms and hugs me tightly as the morning breeze touches the back of my neck.

"I will miss you, muppet." We part away and she hands me my bag, the taxi drove to the back of the garage gate so I can use my badge to get inside easily.

"Addie come on." I tell her slightly bending my head to side from sadness.

As much as I love her at the end of the day she was my sister, that cared for me every single second of the day.

"Alright have fun, I'll pick you up tomorrow." She says knowing I will mostly land past midnight.

We wave our goodbyes and I scan my badge against the gate, it opens and I walk inside. Some players and staff already arrived parking their cars and taking their bags.

I was walking towards the entrance, i push my trolley into the elavator. My bag was hanging on my shoulder, there was a last meeting with the team that I had attend and the players were going to have a meeting before getting ready for the flight.

I place my stuff in my office and make my way to the meeting room, there was only two persons in the office.

"Good morning." I greet the team.
"Hey." Micheal says with a smile on his face, I take a seat next to him and give him a greeting kiss on the cheek.

"How are you, excited for today?" He asks me as I placed my notebook and pen on the table as people were filling the room.

"I'm a bit nervous but it's just from the excitement." I tell him.

There was a feeling inside of me that there was between us something, he was a like a good looking man but also a good friend to me that I could trust.

"That's normal, don't worry." He brushes the feeling away as if he wasn't the one that was the new face of the admin for the club and a influencer at the same time. We started the meeting not long after our talk, it lasted for an hour.