Chapter 1

I followed Tao to the RV with the rest of the members. It was quiet in there, I saw Luhan still tearing up while Lay sat next to him, rubbing his shoulder for comfort.
"So what do we do?" I whispered to Tao.
"I don't know." He mumbled.
"Turn on the TV." Kris said.
Suho obediently turned on the TV and we all stood in front of it, watching it.

"A huge amount of people have gone missing from all around the world and word is that the United Nation say it is to be a Alien Invasion. Just stay in your homes and stay calm everyone." The reporter said. A loud explosion came from behind her, and she screamed and then the channel disconnected. We all sat there bewildered from what we saw.
"There's something going on here.." Lay said.
"Aliens took my best friend!" Luhan shouted.
"Aliens aren't my style." Kris said.
Suho nudged Kris, "Are you really going to crack jokes right now?"
Kris rubbed his arm and mumbled "Sorry."
"I-I gotta go check on my family." I whispered. I was terrified to be honest, they hadn't called me and I was really worried, what if they think I disappeared and here I am causing them to worry.
"Alright but we're not letting you go alone." Kris said.
"That's right, we'll be joining you." Suho said right after Kris.
"And maybe we can find Xiumin." Said Luhan while sniffling.
I smiled at them, "Thanks guys. Let's go."
They gathered their bags and put stuff that they only needed to bring and we all got off the RV.

Outside the streets were empty and fire burned in random trash cans.
"What in the hell..?" I heard Chanyeol mumble.
We continued on, noticing that cars had been abandoned but what really caught me by surprise is the things on the floor. Phones, wallets, and jewelry were spread out all over the floor. It could be a thieves paradise. The guys seemed spooked but they stayed silent, Tao walked by me and I could tell that out of all of them, he was scared the most. I watched him shiver, his teeth chattering slightly and his eyes were filled with shock.
"Tao are you okay?" I asked as we walked which broke the silence.
The rest of the members turned and looked at Tao to see what he would answer.
He looked at me then to his hyungs and nodded slowly.
"So how far is your house?" Sehun asked.
I sighed, "Kinda far, it's past the freeway."
"Great." He responded sarcastically.
"Can we stop for some food?" Asked Lay.
"I guess we can." Kris said while looking at everyone who had the expression of "Feed me." Plastered on their faces.
"Aha! I found a chicken place." Kai said, pointing at a dark looking restaurant.
The place Kai was pointing to is Pollo Campero.
"You can read Spanish?" Lay asked.
"No but I saw the chicken right next to the name so I'm going to assume that it's chicken." Said Kai with a laugh.
We all huddled inside Pollo Campero and were astonished to find people hiding inside.
"Get out!" Sneered an old man who had looked like he had been beaten up since he had a black eye.
"Hey man, we're just looking for some food." Kyungsoo said as he glared at the man.
"Preferably chicken." Kai said with a small smile.
"Chicken is my style." Kris chuckled.
Suho glared at Kris, "Please sir, just spare us some food."
Out of nowhere a man with ragged hair and who looked much older than the first man ran up in front of us, handing Kris the box of chicken and whispered in an eerie way, "Here, take it but you all be careful out there. It's the end of the world so you're going to see some crazy shit." He laughed manically and yelled, "None of you will last!" and he ran out of the restaurant and left us in an awkward state.

After 20 minutes of sharing the chicken between all 12 of us and walking together, we finally made it to my house.
"Thanks so much for walking me guys." I said while looking at all of them.
"You're welcome." They said in unison.
I hugged Tao since I felt like I was closer to him and then waved bye to them and ran inside my house.
"Mom! Dad! Dylan! I'm home, I'm sorry if I made you worry."
....
No reply.
"Mom...?"
Still no reply.
The house was incredibly quiet and I was terrified.
"D-dad," I began to sob.
"Dylan, please tell me you're still here."
I ran upstairs and looked in Dylan's room.
Not there.
I ran to mom and dad's room.
Not there either.
I screamed as I saw their belongings on the floor, piled right next to each other and I grabbed their stuff.
"You guys can't be gone too!" I wailed, my throat felt like it was closing up and for once in this world, I actually felt alone.