chapter five

Kaleigh POV:

It had been almost two weeks since Kaleigh and Kate's fight. Kaleigh woke up around 4am on January 19. She took a shower and threw on a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie before taking an Uber to the airport. Kaleigh couldn't wait to see her mom and most importantly Madison.

She boarded her flight after getting through security, it was about four and a half hours. She arrived at Logan Airport in Boston around 10. Kaleigh's mom was waiting for her at baggage claim. At that moment, she couldn't have been happier to see her mom. Although she didn't plan to talk about Kate with her mom she was just happy to be out of Iowa. Kaleigh spent the rest of her day catching up with her mom in her childhood home. She even had her mom cook dinner even though her mom offered to take her out. She planned to leave early the next morning and spend all of Saturday and Sunday in Storrs with her best friend.

Kaleigh woke up bright and early Saturday morning and got ready to leave. She got into her Jeep that she drove through highschool and got on the road, the ride from Boston to Storrs took around two hours. Once she arrived she texted Madison since she knew she would already be at Gampel this close to game time.

Kaleigh: Guess whos in Storrs

Madison: I'm so excited

Kaleigh: These girls better live up to how highly you speak of them

Madison: Just wait until you see Paige

Kaleigh: Oh, yeah trust me I have seen Paiege

Madison: What is that supposed to mean?
Kaleigh: 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Madison POV:

The game was about to start and Madison looked into the student section to see none other than her best friend, Kaleigh Curran. She had introduced her to Erin before so they sat together, well stood since it was rare that you sat in Gampel.

Madison walked over to Nika before she ran out of the tunnel and placed a soft kiss on her nose and whispered into her ear, "Make me proud Croatian."

Nika smiled at this as she jogged out of the tunnel and started to warm up before the game. Nika knew this game was important for Madison since Kaleigh had traveled here. Madison always told Nika about how much she wanted her to meet Kaleigh.

UConn won against DePaul 88-51 and Nika had 7 assists while Paige had 20 points. Madison went back to the locker room to gather her things. She grabbed an extra floor pass from the locker room and went to give it to Kaleigh. This would give her access to the locker room so she could meet all of Madison's friends.

Paige POV:

After the game we did press as usual and then headed back to the locker room to get ready to leave. I remembered last night, Madison had said her best friend who came all the way from Iowa was coming to the game and we were going to meet her afterwards. I was honestly kind of nervous since I had found her Instagram last night, she was gorgeous. She was tall (at least compared to Madison), blonde, and had the brightest blue eyes.

I grabbed my bag and headed over to Nika and Madison who were patiently waiting for me. I could tell they wanted me to hurry up, Madison hasn't seen this girl since school started. We walked out of the tunnel and Madison ran over to Kaleigh to give her the pass so she could come onto the court. Kaleigh and Madison hugged each other as I realized she is even more gorgeous in person than she was in the photos.

She was wearing low-waisted light-washed jeans with a super short UConn t-shirt that she had obviously cut herself.

"Wow, did you pull that out from the bottom of your dresser? From the first game we came here?" Madison joked with Kaleigh which revealed her beautiful smile which made me smile.