chapter twenty

Kaleigh POV:

That might have been the best I have ever slept, and it was all because I was in the arms of Paige Bueckers. I woke up around 10 to a note on the nightstand from Paige. It said, 'Good morning, I hope you slept well. I had practice at 8 so I had to get up early. I'm probably going to get coffee after and I asked Madison for your order.' She signed it from Paige and put a heart next to her name.

I want her handwriting tattooed on my body. It was so perfectly imperfect. If you knew Paige, you would be able to guess that it was her handwriting. It reflected Paige so well, it was almost scary.

I took the note and folded it up and slid it in my phone case. I wanted to keep every note I got from her. I'm the type of person to save anything I've ever received from anyone, like birthday cards, but especially handwritten notes.

I decided to get up and get dressed quickly. There was a pile of laundry on Paige's desk chair and I decided to take a UConn sweatshirt and a pair of sweatpants. They were definitely big on me but they were comfortable. It almost made me feel like Paige was hugging me at all times. I texted her to tell her that I took some of her clothes and that I hope she didn't mind.

She responded almost immediately and said that I should make myself at home and I could take anything I wanted. She made me feel so loved it was actually kind of scary. I have always been afraid of commitment, not that we were committed to anything. She also sent another text telling me that she was on her way back and would be here at 11.

I was supposed to meet with Madison at 12 to move into her apartment. It shouldn't take too long, especially since she was going to help me. I was looking forward to finally moving in. Even though I slept in Storrs last night, it will really feel like home once I put all of my stuff in one room so it won't just be sitting in my car.

I sat on the couch and scrolled on my phone until I heard the door knob twist and turn open, revealing a tall blonde girl with her hair in a low bun. She was wearing black basketball shorts with a white compression shirt on. She looked extremely good, especially with the sweat still present on her face because of how hard she worked at practice.

"Hey, did you sleep well?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm just glad that you were there," I said, trying not to blush too hard.

"You know I'm always here for you," Paige responded, putting a smirk on her face. I don't know if she knows that I love it when she does that or she just does it by accident, "Here, I got you your coffee."
"Thank you, P," I say as I grab the much needed coffee and take a sip.

Paige sits down next to me on the couch, as close as possible. She puts her arm around me again, which might be our new thing. I wonder if this will change when other people are around? Will she act the same?

She goes on to tell me about how practice was. Geno was hard on them because he knew Syracuse would be a harder team than Jackson State was. Syracuse was ranked in the top 20 according to the Associated Press. The light in Paige's eyes when she talked about basketball was unbelievable. I don't think the look on her face is achievable by anyone else. Basketball really is her game and it was her first love. Her true love. Her love for the game was what most couples hoped to achieve in their relationships. It was so special to witness this love first hand. I hope she can love me as much as she loves a medium sized orange ball.

Paige got up to go to the bathroom and I had just finished my coffee so I decided to grab a water from the fridge. I walked into the kitchen and as I opened to the fridge I heard Paige walk into the room.

"I love seeing you in my clothes," The blonde said leaning against the door frame, I turned around flustered by her comment.

"Oh really... " I say, biting my lip and walking closer to her.