chapter two.

--

Standing up from my vanity, I quickly added some clear gloss to my lips before spraying myself with my favorite body mist; Champagne Toast from Bath & BodyWorks

Standing up from my vanity, I quickly added some clear gloss to my lips before spraying myself with my favorite body mist; Champagne Toast from Bath & BodyWorks. I used to use Brazilian Crush Cheirosa 62 by Sol De Janeiro, but I ran out, and didn't feel like scrambling around Sephora or Ulta in search or a new bottle.

I was currently running late for work for the first time ever. I slept through my alarm which has never happened before; I guess my body needed the rest after running around with my best friend Mecca yesterday after work.

I unplugged my flat iron before cutting off the lights to my vanity, I then scurried to the kitchen and grabbed a bagel from my toaster oven. Spreading some cream cheese on it I then wrapped it up on a napkin before slipping on my shoes and heading for the door, walking out my apartment I locked the door behind me pulling the knob to make sure it was for sure locked; sometimes it wasn't shut all the way so I'd have to pull it really hard to make sure.

Pressing my key fob to my silver twenty-seventeen Honda Civic, I tossed my bag into the passenger seat before sliding into the driver-seat. Bringing the engine to life I backed out of the parking spot and headed for the highway, I really hoped that it would get me to work faster, considering I was supposed to be there almost ten minutes ago.

"Ugh!, move I'm late!" I groaned as I merged into the far right lane.

I honestly hated driving on the highway it literally scared me, but if I wanted to get to where I was going I needed to use it.

I wasn't going to use the metro that's for sure, getting off of the highway a few moments later, I made a right turn I made my way into Downtown LA, seeing the sign to the bakery I pulled into the parking lot and cut off the engine before heading inside.

--
Nina's Treat Shop.

"You're late, that's unlike you, is everything okay?." Ms. Nina queried as I quickly clocked in, I then slipped on my apron making sure it was secure around my small waist and washed my hands at the large metal sink before drying them with a paper towel.

Tossing the brown paper towel into the trashcan, I sauntered over to the decorating counter where a few boxes and decorated cupcakes rested.

I guess we had some deliveries to make.

"I know I know I'm sorry, and yes everything is fine, I just slept through my alarm." I said nervously, I glanced at her momentarily before quickly pulling my gaze away.

"It's alright. Sometimes the alarms are so quiet on these new phones. That's why I use an alarm clock." She said with a light chuckle as I gave her a soft smile.

I was honestly glad that Ms. Nina was so laid back and understanding, I guess it's because she was in her twenties once and knows that things can get stressful at times.