4

ERIC

I stood there for a couple more minutes, mentally debating with myself and my heart giving a little pang of guilt. I decided to apologize. I hesitantly opened the door and peeked in not missing the shaking lump hidden underneath the covers and the small sobs that accompanied the shaking. I went over and sat down gently. "Um...Tom-Tom...I'm sorry...for that..." I started slowly, "Ah! But I don't want you to think I didn't want to....kiss you...or anything..." I trailed off uncertainly, what the hell was someone suppose to apologize for in this type of situation?! The little sobs became short hiccups and the trembling stopped. "So...I'm really sorry...and please forgive me?" I asked quietly and scratched my elbow. I had tried to stop the nervous habit when I was younger but hey, old habits die hard right? I heard a sniff and saw a little tuff of white hair sticking out from underneath the covers and red-rimmed violet eyes timidly peek out from the top. 

For a while we didn't say anything, just stared at each other. I panicked, was this a silent way or saying he didn't forgive me?! Tom-tom's ears perked up slightly realizing my panic and murmured hastily “I-it’s okay…I f-forgive you.” 

I smiled and enjoyed the small flush in Tom-tom’s cheeks. “Let’s take this slow, okay?” Tom-tom nodded and smiled tentatively, pulling the cover down and tucking it underneath his chin. I reached a hand out and stroked his hair slowly, waiting to see if it was okay. He leaned his head into my hand and purred lowly as I stroked behind his ear. 

It was at that moment that my stomach was not content with the lack of food and growled loudly interrupting the little moment. Embarrassed, I cleared my throat and reluctantly pulled my hand away from the soft silver hair. “Tom-tom, I’m going to make breakfast, is there anything you like?” “Fish” He immediately blurted out without hesitation. Does anyone even eat fish in the morning?! Then again, he is part cat…Deciding to worry about his diet later, I set my goal on some fried fish.   

A/N: Hello! Here’s the update and I hope you like it? The style is different but I tried my best! Fan, vote, drop a note and tell me how it went! I hope to see you reading the next chapter! 

-Ann