0

How many times have you let yourself get you down?
Let yourself get you down, my dear?
So many roses but none to be picked without thorns
So be fond of your flaws, dear

How many times have you let yourself get you down?Let yourself get you down, my dear?So many roses but none to be picked without thornsSo be fond of your flaws, dear

Christopher

Have you ever been so afraid of something that a greater fear of what's bound to happen may over-lapse? That moment when you have to make a decision that you just might regret because you don't know what's to come? That's exactly what chemical extract is coursing through my veins at this very moment. A lot of 'what if' brewing up in my brain, jumping up and down like gas particles but my main one was what if i'm not good enough for her? What if I'm not the person she's dreamed of? I paced up and down the room, anxiety and adrenaline rushing through my veins. I don't understand how or why i'm feeling like this?If I can perform in front of billions of people I can surely marry the girl of my dreams yet aren't I too young? I'm only 28.

"Chris I hope-Why haven't you done your tie yet, silly, the planner said we're going in 10." My momma, Joyce, came in the room stopping me to do my tie. It was done but I undid it because of all the pressure."You look worried." She chuckled whilst doing the different ins and outs of the tie. I chuckled nervously.

"I am, this whole...whole everything! I don't know? this is nerve-wrecking momma, am I even sure I want to get married." I arched my eyebrow feeling the same feeling I had every time Karrueche brought up this marriage stuff, but she...she changed everything.

"Calm down, boy, it's natural to feel like this but it doesn't mean you should get cold feet all of a sudden. I know you're sure because the way you look at her is a look I've never seen you give any girl before and that was the moment I knew she was a keeper because she kept you happy and even when y'all broke up and fought at times, you ran right back into each other's arms which tells me that it was meant to be." She smiled brushing my shoulders straight to make my suit look neat. I smiled because she was right and I know she is, I've been so much of a quitter I forgot how to commit but she helped me remember.

"You're right, I thin-actually I'm ready." I smile opening the door for her to walk out first and soon following behind her. I walking into the chapel to see the wedding planner, Armando, facing the audience which are both our families and friends whom have gathered here to celebrate with us, and a camera man standing in the corner trying to capture every moment and essence of this special day. I walked over to where I'm supposed to stand and the ministries pastor was standing ready for everything to start. "Thank you father Jones again for taking the time out of your day to join us." I thanked him once again.

"It's no problem Christopher. When I see a young boy grow into a man, then we shall all support the blooming." He patted my back as I smiled nervously hoping everything goes well and taking the compliment. The traditional pipe organ begun to play filling the room with the 'here comes the bride' song signaling that she was coming. I straightened myself up, and so did everyone, awaiting for my bride to walk through the doors and come to me. My heart was racing yet I couldn't wait for her last name to be Brown.