9

Beyoncé

I fried the eggs mixing them as I thought that it be best if I made some scrambled eggs. Scrambled eggs are Chris' favourite. I picked up the pan from the stove when it was ready and dished appropriate sized portions into the large glass plate and two smaller plastic ones. I poured the bacon bits in the pan I had already pre-heated. The way he loves bacon is actually quiet, almost bizarre. I wasn't much of a fan of it. I thought it was incredibly too fatty and found it slightly repulsive. Anything to make him happy though. I watched the bacon sizzle in the pan and wondered how fast I took to learn how to cook when I knew that I wasn't exactly greatest, but it was bound for me to learn since it's my duty as a wife. I am a wife, legally married to my soul mate.

I wipe the single tear gliding down my cheek. I hadn't realised how long I had been staring at the frying bacon. It was ready and hopefully the way he likes it. I think it was slightly burned, but I think he liked it that way. I dish for the kids first then last but definetly not least, my dear husband. I scraped the spoon from the top making sure he got every last bit until I accidentally spilled hot oil on my hand.

An excruciating pain shot up my arm, but I didn't utter a word. I held my now red hand tightly trying as best as I could to conceal the pain I was in as I quickly opened the tap water, running some cold water over it. I stared out if the window and watched a butterfly ranging in colors fly from flower to flower, plant to plant. And him? From me to one night stands.

I sometimes wish I was running around in a sunflower field with the sun shining on directly on my caramel skin. Feeling the warmth on every inch of my flesh as a genuine smile etched onto my face. A smile that reach from ear to ear as I danced to the sound of nature and my beautiful babies laughters. The scene so surreal yet so nostalgic because I was once happy in a lily field far away from the world. Just me and my baby. My husband. That's when he couldn't get enough of me. I still remember the gleam in his eyes whenever he would see me. The same gleam he had when I first had our kids. He still has it, just not with me anymore. His eyes are as dark as the night and as grey as smoke; ever so dull. I can't complain because I am a wife now. I can't pray because I'm afraid.

I am a wife and I should be a helper to my husband as Genesis. 2:18 says "helper suitable for him" even though it's directed for God, I shall treat Chris as such. I should respect my husband as it says in Ephesians 5:33, Paul says, " ... the wife must respect her husband." I should be trying my utmost best to be bolstering Chris' confidence,to make sure I listen to him and to make him feel like he's needed because I'm his wife and we made vows that we should stick to. I should submit to him to earn respect from him just like  Colossians 3:18 says "Wives, be subject to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord." Lastly, I as a wife, should show him my love for him to a great extent just like Titus 2:4 says "Wives,to love their husbands." no matter what I'll probably still love this man. He embedded and grew his roots deep in me that I can't seem to take out. I love him.

I scoffed with tears strolling down my cheeks as a smile seeped deep into my cheeks and I continued laughing at myself. Disappointed at myself for failing at my duties as a mother and a wife. "Mommy, why you crying?" Reagan tugged on my skirt, snapping me out of my thoughts. I only then realised how long I've been letting the water run over my hand. What a waste.

I Wiped my tears quickly attempting to pick him up but quickly remembering I had injured my hand.

"No, no, baby boy, mommy is not crying I just had a little something in my eyes." I flashed him a reassuring smile, pulling him into a hug with my one arm and ignoring the raging pain on my other.

"Where is your sister, baby?"

"She's sleeping, I woke because I had a dream." He pouted. I sat myself on the kitchen floor to be at his level and he sat on my lap. "Mommy I scared." His lip quivered and he looked around revealing his resemblance to Christopher. It's scary how much they looked alike.