Cat-tastrophy

Summary: I've come to this pet store to get this cat and you want the same cat.
Type: fluff
Triggers: none, there will be arguing but nothing really bad... Word count: 931 (sorry it's kinda short.)

Phil could feel himself walking faster as he neared the pet store. Today was the day he was going to buy the kitten he had been waiting for. He rounded a corner and broke into a sprint. He ran towards the store and threw open the door. The owner laughed and welcomed him.

"I've got him back here!" The owner replied. Phil walked towards the cat section. He could feel himself getting nervous when he saw another boy looking at the same cage his kitten was in. "Okay so I want this one." The boy pointed to a fluffy grey and white kitten.

"That one is mine!" Phil shouted a bit louder than he meant to. The cat stealer turned and Phil sucked in a breath. Damn he was hot. Phil walked over and picked up his cat. "Sorry I've been waiting to buy this cat for months!" Phil exclaimed.

The brown haired thief smiled at him. "I don't see your name on him." He replied sarcastically. "I have waited to buy him and today I finally get to, please mister." He smiled again and replied. "Call me Dan, but I do want that cat."

Phil held the cat to his chest. "I really want this cat please Dan." The boy sighed. "Okay but if I let you have the cat can I have your number?" Phil blushed and nodded slowly. The brown haired boy took out his phone, unlocked it, and handed it to Phil. He took the phone and punched in his digits.

"Thanks cutie." Dan responded. Phil blushed in response. Dan smiled and turned around. Phil couldn't help but linger on Dan ass before Dan turned to face Phil again.

"How about this one?" Dan asked Phil. He held up a brown kitten with white patches. Phil nodded and Dan let the kitten cuddle into his chest. Their eyes met and Phil blushed. "Come on, let's buy them." The two boys walked through the aisle, both picking up kitty litter and cat food. The last stop they made was to pick out a small collar for their kittens. After they both picked out a collar they made their way to the checkout.

"Ahh Phillip! Are you ready to finally get your kitten?" The store owner asked. Phil nodded and handed the kitten to him. The store owner looked her over and handed her back over. "What's 'er name then?" He asked. "Ivy." Phil replied.

He handed over his money and signed the papers. "She's all yours!" The store owner smiled at Phil. Phil returned the smile and turned to leave. "Hey wait for me!" Dan called. Phil stood tapping his toe while waiting for Dan to pay.

"What is his name?" The store owner asked. "Howl." Dan replied. The store owner didn't question the strange name but handed his kitten back to him. "There you go, enjoy you two!" He called after them.

Dan and Phil walked down the road, kittens in their hands, chatting about interests. Usually Phil would be scared about what people would think of him but with Dan he couldn't seem to care.
"How old are you?" Dan asked. "I'm 24." Phil replied. "I'm 17." Dan whispered. Phil's eyes widened and he backed away. "R-really?" Phil spat out. Dan laughed. "No you goose I'm 21!" They both laughed as they walked down the street.

"So, do you want to come over for a bit?"

~Six years later~

"Ivy! Howl!" Dan called. The cats scurried into the room. Phil came running after them. "Hey cutie." Dan smirked. Phil blushed and wrapped his arms around Dan. "Hey." Phil smiled into Dan's collar bone. "When did you become taller than me?" He mummered. Dan laughed. "A few years ago." Phil hugged him closer. "I love you." Dan hugged back. "I love you too."

Phil pulled away. "I'll be right back!" Dan let go and watched as his boyfriend left the room. "Ivy cmere!" He called. The cat trailed after him. Dan settled into the couch and opened his laptop. Ten minutes later Phil's voice echoed through their apartment. "Can you call ivy to you? She's getting in my way."

"Ivy! Cmere girl!" Dan called. Ivy came trotting in. An envelope taped to her collar. Dan smiled and pulled it off gently. He opened it and the note read

Dan,

I have loved you for 6 years,

1 year of friendship

1 year of crushing

And 4 years of love.

I want to spend the rest of my life with you.

Dan could feel his eyes begin to water. He heard footsteps nearing him. He looked up to see Phil nearing him nervously. "Dan, I love you so much. Will you marry me?" He dropped to one knee and held out a ring.

Dan's hand covered his mouth as tears ran down his face. He tried to spit out his words but he was a blubbering mess. Silently he nodded up and down. "Yes yes yes." He finally said. Phil slipped the ring on his finger and stood up. They looked at each other and Dan pulled him into a hug.

They pulled apart after awhile and Dan brought him into a kiss. "I love you." Phil whispered after they broke apart. "I love you too." Dan whispered back.

SORRY THIS IS SO SHORT UGH.

ps I cried while writing this.