Erwin

Chapter 11: Erwin

The days passed in a blur of uncertainty and unease, each moment weighed down by the heavy silence that had settled between Levi and me. Ever since his outburst, I had been avoiding him like the plague, unsure of how to act or what to say in his presence.

But despite my best efforts to keep my distance, Levi didn't seem to notice—or perhaps, he simply didn't care. His stoic facade remained unchanged, his demeanor as aloof and unyielding as ever.

And so, I found myself drifting further and further away, lost in a sea of doubt and confusion as I struggled to make sense of the tangled mess of emotions swirling within me.

But then, one day, everything changed. I received a summons to Erwin's office—a summons that filled me with a sense of dread unlike anything I had ever experienced before.

As I made my way to the commander's office, my mind raced with a million questions, each more terrifying than the last. What could Erwin possibly want with me? Had I done something wrong? Was I about to face some kind of punishment for my recent behavior?

With a heavy heart, I pushed open the door to Erwin's office, steeling myself for whatever lay on the other side. But nothing could have prepared me for the sight that greeted me—a sight that sent a chill down my spine and turned my blood to ice.

There, sitting across from Erwin's desk, was Levi—the very person I had been trying so desperately to avoid. His expression was unreadable, his gaze fixed on some distant point beyond the confines of the room.

As I stood there, frozen in place, the weight of Levi's presence bore down upon me like a suffocating blanket, leaving me gasping for air in its wake.

But before I could utter a single word, Erwin spoke, his voice cutting through the heavy silence like a knife.

"Eren," he began, his tone grave. "I'm sure you're wondering why I've called you here today."

I nodded, unable to tear my gaze away from Levi's inscrutable expression. What was happening? What did Erwin want from me?