Chapter 15: The Lust

HAKANIRO'S POV

We arrived at the palace, and the first thing I quickly noticed was how the place was not as bright as I thought. I specifically find it normal for a grand ball or gatherings executed by monarchs to be a place of grandiose and gallant lads, but these were only a mere expectation, as I seem to overestimate, and then the party itself was only a mere part of a plan. We went inside, Vivi walking past me and the rest of my team walking somewhere farther than us. The insides somewhat met my expectations; the chandeliers were bright enough to illuminate the entire room, together with a couple of huge wall lamps and flower bouquets that accentuated the place.

I looked around, seeing no signs of anyone familiar, not even the shadow of someone we came here for. I can see Vivi in the corner of my eyes, standing elegantly and attracting a lot of eyes with her elegant dress. While I stood alone and decided to take a single shot of whiskey, I kept in mind his details: tall, at least 178 cm, pale skin and jet black hair, and a mole on his left lower lip. A type of look that will quickly seduce anyone is an advantage he should have never had.

"I have a visual of the target."

Uria, one of my men who's assigned to tracking the target, stated that I quickly gained composure and became wary of the details around me.

"He's heading inside; he used the west entrance, and he has no company."

Great, he's alone; I don't need to distract him from too many people.

"He's wearing a blue polo and a golden chain necklace."

I quickly saw him heading inside; he looked weird with those huge necklaces dangling from his neck; he has no particular expression on his face, or maybe because the room was not so bright that it was a little harder for me to scan his features, but the mole on his lower lip was enough evidence. He headed to one of the tables, sat alone, and took a couple of sips from the reserved liquor on the table.

"I see him," I said on the other line.

CALLAHAN'S POV

I sat alone at a reserved table. The place was overwhelmingly strange and different; it made me want to throw up because of the intense anxiety that I'm feeling. I can't help thinking that everyone on this place is either Mafia's or rich drug addicts that are gathering to auction some type of drug or illegal bullshit, and the prince of Vonstein is one of them.

"Callahan"

I heard Jackson call for me on the other end of the line. He did not go inside with me; he said it would be easier for him to stay inside the car since he can just jam his own field to be unnoticed, but he would still be able to communicate with me and look after me. He also explained that the necklace does not only make me look convicting; he also put some sort of tracking device in there for him to be able to look after me and locate me in case of emergency, though I only believe it made me look ridiculous and not convincing at all. Now the only thing I have to do here is sit and wait for the prince to go after me, since Jackson said they were after someone named Ivanovich Madrigal, a drug syndicate, and confirm if the prince is gay, a drug syndicate, or both.

"How are you there? "

"I am doing good."

I heard him sigh.

"Good, now... I want you to lift your head and look directly in front of you."

I did, and I felt all types of goosebumps all over my body. He was there, standing alone in a dimly lit corner, wearing an ash shade of black suit, his hair golden around the dark room, and his eyes the lightest shade of blue, staring and piercing me directly. His face was void of any emotion, but his eyes spoke enough for me to know that he wanted me; he wanted to walk towards me, and perhaps, if I knew better, I would say take me.