Chapter 12: Rivals

It was a sleepless night after, I spent the night trying to think about whatever he meant. I have not known of his name so there is no way for the palace guards to have him, I will surely sound absurd if I asked them to look for a man with a dark piercing gaze and a body which you'd assume to be that of a woman. I looked at the window and the moonlight is the only thing that illuminates the whole pavement of the pavilion. I can still remember, the nights I would spend there to stare at the flowers and pray for the gods to bring her back alive, I would cry until I run out of breath and fall asleep under the roof of the only place in this Immensive palace that I truly considered as my home, I would pray to all the gods to bring her back to my side for I grieved all the nights where she no longer sleeps on her chamber. When she left she took every part of me with her, and the world made something different of this human vessel. Something so different that not even me could recognize, something so different that I doubt is her son.

                I took my cloak and left my room, I have no idea either where I would go but I let myself be away for a moment. There are barely anyone that roamed around the palace, aside from the palace guards that patrols each area. I made sure for my presence to be unknown by any of them, I followed the path that took me to the obscure part of the kingdom, a place that is barely being visited by anyone. There are traces of modernity that remains even when the entire place was almost being engulfed by tall grasses and moss, it seems like a warm place to stay so I made myself comfortable for a moment. There's barely any light that keeps the area illuminated but the moonlight is enough for me to see my surroundings. Enough for me to see him standing there, I almost had my guard up when I saw a silhouette of a man that is facing the lake, the lake that is connected at the main gate of the kingdom, I never knew that such place exists in my own house, so how could he be here, alone, in the middle of the night.

                 I watched him thoroughly, trying to know whatever he is doing,only then did I realized that he isn't wearing anything on top and his hair was dripping, I kept quiet, I was confident he wouldn't see me at this distance, I watched him slowly putting fabric to cover his body, it wasn't so cold tonight so perhaps the water is warm enough to not make him freeze. His hair, how could the darkness of his hair still be evidently rich even under the dim moonlight, it wasn't enough distance to see his face but it is enough to see his details, his face that seemed to be carved by the gods themselves, the sharpness of his details perfectly complementing the toned muscles of his body, It wasn't enough light to see his eyes but his lips, his lips that was blessed by the rich shade of wine. In the darkness, his beauty was so evident that I wondered how I didn't noticed it in the sunlight.

                 "Will you join me?" 

I almost froze when I heard his voice and our eyes met. I thought I was far enough to conceal my presence and not make him aware that a couple of eyes was staring at him, a couple of eyes that I own. I did not know what to say.

 "I saw you when you went here, I could even feel you staring at me, that is why I quickly dressed, what brought you here your majesty?"

 I was too stunned to speak, have I really been caught? I remained silent for a little longer before I finally stood up and went closer to him. 

"Forgive me Marques, I have not known that you would be here at this time of the night, I did not intend to interrupt your..." 

I looked at him and looked at the lake, It might seem that he swam from the lake but I still did not assume he would do it, after all he was sent here to represent an entire kingdom, it would perhaps sound ridiculous if I am to assume that he might be doing this unusual thing.

              "Oh forgive me your majesty, I lost interest in staying in my chamber and decided to explore the palace alone"

Alone? I thought to myself.