Chapter 16: The truth

CALLAHAN'S POV

The drug was still in my system. It still made me struggle to stand after my head hit the wall, but I can see this scene clearly. A lot of people are now present in this room, where it was just the two of us where we kissed. There are four of them, five including me, all of them staring at me. There was a woman in a red dress standing in front of me, her face barely visible, but I could feel her intense gaze on me, and then there was this black man who was busy doing something. I have no idea what he was doing aside from having this device that looked like a phone, and behind him is an old man, old enough for me to call him with those white hairs present but looking a couple years younger due to his bulk and composed physique. I have no idea why there was an old man here or how they got inside; perhaps I was too drugged, or perhaps I turned completely stupid. I have no idea.

And then there was him, Hakaniro, standing in front of me, his eyes fierce and mad, his gun still directed at my head, ready to shoot at any moment. And strangely, I felt no fear at all. Now I know a thing or two about this man, the prince of the kingdom of Vonstein, heir to the throne. He is after a famous drug syndicate, who happens to be attracted to someone of the same gender. He uses this fact to his advantage to chase after something, which I do not know what it is, and he is not working alone. These people with us were working with him; both of these were confirmed by Jackson himself, and it was enough for me to believe since Jackson never fails on any of his investigations.

"They're here; we have to take the exit at the back; we have no choice; we have to take this guy with us."

The African-American guy spoke, his voice heavy and rough in the darkness.

"We're not taking him anywhere; we have to kill him here."

Hakaniro responded, his eyes still fierce and undoubtful.

"Do not ridicule yourself, Indigo; we can extract some information from this man."

"And risk everything on the line?! What if he's a worm? What if they knew our plan and sent somebody to lure us? I won't risk anything for it! "

Hakaniro exclaimed. I tried to stand up, but it was hard to move my body. I feel like I was paralyzed. Every second that passes feels like an entirely different day. My heart stammers inside my chest. If I die here, it will be a huge chaos, not just in my kingdom but also in his. If I die here, I doubt they will be able to find out who I really am and investigate whatever the hell is happening tonight. If I die here, Jackson will be in danger. I can't die here.

The moment they tried to get a hold of me, I resisted. I have no idea who these people are or what they are planning to do to me. I tried fighting back, but the drug was too strong on my system; it hindered almost every movement that I do. It was an advantage for them to easily wrap my head in a sack, almost.

HAKANIRO'S POV

I felt an entirely different kind of rage. I had to kill him. Do not ridicule yourself, Indigo; we can extract some information from this man. The only ridiculous thing will be letting this guy out of this building and having him put every single one of us in danger, putting my identity on the line. He resisted when Alas tried putting a sack on his head. But it was so sudden that it felt like I

missed an entire hour.

There was a small flame that swallowed the small flower vase decoration on the table. I had no idea where the flame came from or how it managed to set that single item entirely on fire, and then there was a gun pointed at my head. The silhouette of a woman, long straight hair and arms extended to point a gun at my head, his mouth and nose covered with black fabric, made it even harder to scan his face.