Chapter 30

The night of Rhayn's near death and Vaelon's death, many things happened, Rhayn has begun her labors, three moons before her term should've been complete.

Laena died, burnt by her own dragon, Ser Harwin Strong and his father, Lyonel Strong, both dead of a fire.

However Rhayn and her daughter survived, the babe was really small and the Maesters said it was a miracle she even survived. Daella, named after her father, Daemon.

Rhayn was heartbroken, she might not have loved her husband but he was the father of two of her children.

Her children however was devastated at the news and never stopped crying, it hadn't been a week yet but it felt like an eternity to the little children.

Dried stained cheeks all huddled close to Daemon and Rhayn, who held a sleeping Daella, as they watched Vaelon and Laena's bodies ready.

"We join today at the Seat of the Sea to commit the Lady Laena and Prince Consort Vaelon of house Velaryon to the eternal waters, the dominion of the Merling King, where He will guard them for all days to come. As they set to sea for their final voyage, the Lady Laena leaves two true-born daughters and Prince Vaelon leaves three true-born children on the shore. Though their parents will not return from their voyage, they will all remain bound together in blood. Salt courses through Velaryon blood. Ours run thick. Ours run true. Ours must never thin."  Vaemond said.

"It's ok" she whispered to her children as she felt them grip on her tighter. No one knows who sent the assassin's nor would they find out. 

The exact same night of Vaelon's death, Rhaenyra felt the need to live in Rhayn's castle. Sure she wouldn't use it but it was she's not Rhaenyra's.

Rhayn felt bad for her little cousins, Baela and Rhaena, they were young and left with a absent father who couldn't even attend his own wife's funeral.

"My gentle niece and beloved son. May the wind be as strong as your backs, your seas as calm as your spirits and your nets be as full as your hearts. From the sea we came, to the sea we shall return"

Vaelon and Laena's body dropped into the water and Rhayn heard the whimpers of her children.

After the funeral everyone gathered around giving their sympathy's for Princess Rhayn and Princess Rhaenys, Rhayn hated it, hated every sad look everyone gave her.

After placing Daella on her cradle, Rhayn went back to the gathering, she saw her chukdee all huddled up close to Daemon.

Approaching them she held a sad smile, "How are you holding up dearest?" She asked squatting infront of them, "I don't want father to be gone" Aisha said hugging her mother tightly.

Rubbing her back soothingly, Rhayn whispered, "I know dear." Releasing Aisha from the hug, Rhayn wiped the fresh tears that fell, "I think you all deserve a break, go, enjoy yourselfs, I heard they have strawberry cakes."

Smiling Aelon rushed to the food table, Aemond wen to Helaena, where he usually spends his time and Aisha stood with Aegon.

Since Lord Lyonel died no one was yet to assume the title of Hand, Alicent didn't want her father back and Daemon didn't want the position.

"What are you thinking of?" Daemon asked wrapping his arm around her waist, "How are we going to tell them?" Rhayn rested her head on Daemon's shoulder.

"I suppose it should just happen."

"I suppose you're right."

Aemond always had a crush on his aunt, he loved how quite she was and he loved showing her new bugs, so as he saw her sitting with a spider he joined her, "Helaena" he whispered.