6장

She piped up again, oblivious to the storm brewing in her daughter's eyes. "Maybe you can study together sometime?" 

Instead of a greeting, a scoff escaped Ari's lips. The forced smile she'd practiced for the party vanished, replaced by a scowl. 

"I think," her tone was tight. "Oppa is calling me." 

Before her mother could respond, Ari stormed past Taehyun who looked perplexed and a bit....amused. 

No girl did this to him.

Ever. 

---------------------------------------------------

ONE WEEK LATER:

"Aarghh! This mock literally squeezed the juice out of me!" Beomgyu threw his head back and sighed. 

"Shh. Keep it low. She's sleeping." Ari glanced over at Dal-mi who was snoring loudly. 

"My bad," he stuck his tongue out making her flick his forehead. "By the way, Ari? How about we hit the karaoke today?" 

She felt him. The pre-finals ended today and the only thing that'd help them get over the tiring exam week was this. But she feared Eomma wouldn't like the idea. 

At all. 

"Beomie..." Ari trailed off, "you know my mother," and sighed. 

"We'll tell her it's a group study or something. Pwease Ari-ah?" He started to act cute and she cringed. "Ew, stop that. Fine I'll ask oppa to convince her." Ari said earning a nod from him. 

"Yah! How about inviting Yeonjun and Hanbin?" 

The atmosphere suddenly became quiet as Ari looked doubtful, fidgeting with her fingers causing Beomgyu's excited grin to disappear. 

"He hasn't been himself lately... I mean, I don't know." 

He just scoffed, "What? It's not even the talking stage and he's like that already?" 

"Don't say that!" She hit his shoulder. "He might be busy." 

"Okay." 

There was a sudden change in his tone which made Ari look up and Dal-mi was awake by now too. 

"I'll text him saying we're going to the karaoke. I'll specify your name."  

Both Beomgyu and Dal-mi could see that Ari was getting anxious. 

"And if he shows up..." A smirk flashed on his lips. "Then you know."

"I hope, he does.." Ari said under her breath. 

-Don't forget to comment:) And if you're enjoying then maybe hit the star button?