Chapter 2

Scott decided to bring me to his hotel.

As you both walked out of the Empire State Building, you could already feel the wind chill hitting the two of you. It was quite cold outside, much colder than it was on the roof of the building.

Eventually he brings you to his room, and the door closes behind the two of you.

"Sorry it's not the largest room. I only stayed here for the one week I was here in New York." he said, hanging his heavy navy coat on the hook behind the door. He was still holding you tight inside the coat.

I nodded understandingly at him.

Scott began to notice how small you felt inside the coat and how shy you were acting. Was it because you were still feeling nervous from being in an abusive relationship?

He wanted to hold you a little bit closer, but he didn't want to make things awkward for either of you. So, he simply walked over to a small couch and sat you down on it. You were still in the coat, and he then sat down next to you

As he sat beside you, you two sat on the couch in silence. The small talks seem to have ended, which was making you wonder what his intentions were now.

Scott was nervous, he had never had a girl sit next to him, and have her in his coat. He was enjoying the feeling, but he tried his best at remaining calm.

"So... " he began to talk again, you noticed that the longer you two were together, he seemed to be getting braver and braver.

"U-um, are you okay? I noticed you were depressed when I met you." Winter looked shyly at him.

Scott had no idea how to respond to that question as it caught him quite off-guard. Was she being observant or did she have some kind of sixth sense? He had kept it to himself...

"Um. I'm fine, really." he lied, because he wasn't fine. He was far from fine, he was hurting inside from the whole break-up with Ramona, but he didn't feel like he could talk with anyone about it.

"That's an okay, you don't have to tell me. I respect your privacy, Scott." Winter smiled shyly at him.

He was shocked that you actually understood. You didn't pester him for answers, you just let it be. He respected that about you, you gave people space like a good person would do

"Thanks." Scott replied, his tone also sounded a little shy.