October afternoon

It's raining outside. Of course.. I am in London, how do I expect it to be sunny? I hate it when it rains. Yeah, obviously I hate every day of my life in that case, because I live here..

I sit on the couch with my little warm blanket on my feet, take a sip of the coffee I just made myself, grab my laptop and check my e-mail. Nothing. Again. Not that I am expecting anything in particular but it would be nice just to receive a surprising e-mail.

It's Sunday afternoon and I am at home, alone. I would say that my boyfriend or husband is somewhere on a business trip, but he is not, because I simply don't have a boyfriend or husband. I admit I am just having a little brake. The last time I was on a date the man sitting on the other side of the table was too excited of the dessert (if you know what I mean) that when I was finishing my salad, he had already eaten his main dish and was calling the bill. Outside the restaurant he asked:

'At my place or yours?' his eyes were burning, I swear! I called a taxi, sat and slammed the door.

'Faster' I said to the driver. 'Or else, this man will take you to his bedroom, too'.

That was an unsuccessful try of my best friend, Elizabeth, to arrange me a date. Thinking of her, my phone rang.

'Hey, Isabella, are you at home?'

'Hi, Beth, yes, what's up?'

'Rachel is coming next week!'

'Really?? Oh my God, I thought that moment would never come! For how long?'

'They are moving back here. I am so fucking excited.' typical of Elizabeth to swear and lately I find cursing words in my daily dictionary, too. I note myself to watch my language more.

'Let's go and pick her up from the airport.' I suggest.

'Great! I'll call you for more details.' she answers as if I am her assistant and hangs up the phone.

Rachel is one of my closest friends. She married Luke like two years ago and they were living in Spain until now! I so fucking excited to see my friend! Oh..

Actually, I was surprised that she married first. She was the one who usually was alone when me, Elizabeth and Emily had boyfriends. She lost her virginity last. I know that, because the four of us are friends since high school. We are the second popular foursome after the girls from Sex and the city. We share everything like them, but we are not that popular..

However, I have to go to the supermarket to buy some food to make myself a dinner. I am starving! Also, I am so lazy and outside is still pouring that I prefer to stay at home, make a sandwich and go to bed, because tomorrow is Monday, the busiest day at work.