Oh, Cupid Walks Right Through

Frank stood in front of the class, hitting the remote on his palm. He was no slouch, but the damn clicker wouldn't work and go to the next slide. The room full of bored people became ever restless, sitting, napping, or simply zoning out.

"Still can't figure out tech after over sixty years of living on God's green Earth, can ya, Frank?" Paul's voice teased, carrying across the room as he entered. He simply clicked the next button using the mouse and stood in front of the room.

"Enough of that; Frank goes too fast through the slides, not that he can work them. What you really need to know is how to check your mirrors so that you don't kill us mid-test," Paul continued. His tone went very serious, the voice of a man who had seen things. Frank gave him a comforting look.

After a class of random old people jokes made by Paul, Frank went to talk to him. "Quiet bunch, Eh?" Frank chuckled, nudging his best friend and leading him around the other side of the building to their cars.

"Yeah. I think I drilled the safety bit into their head, though," Paul nods, sliding into his brown Corolla.

"Think you scared them half to death," Frank grinned, leaving a lingering touch on his friend before he closed the door. Frank blushed all the way home.

***

A/N: I... What am I doing? Part 1/?. I'll write more.