𝟎𝟒

Placing the folder on the table, the hooded man pushed it to the middle

Placing the folder on the table, the hooded man pushed it to the middle. On the other side was his 'client'.

The big man dressed in a black suit sighed out dark grey smoke from his lips as he held the cigar between his fingers.

One of the five men standing behind the table stepped forward and handed the folder to his boss.

The boss opened the folder and smirked. "Well shit, you weren't kidding" He stated.

"Why would I?" The hooded man chuckled.

"I was hoping to shoot your brains out. Thought you'd give me some bullshit copies but I guess you're the real deal" The boss said. "What did you say your name was again?"

Pulling down his hood, the man revealed himself. "Kenji Yamada. It's nice to meet you again, Mr. Tomio"

"It seems that Tenjiku has a lot of clients, what do they do?" Mr. Tomio questioned.

"They place bets on their fighters" Yamada said.

"Bets you say?"

"Once a week, Tenjiku's leader sends out the best fighters to a fighting ring where those fighters beat the shit out of each other to the death" Yamada explained. "It's like a game of cockfighting" He chuckled. "But it's no surprise how Tenjiku's fighters somehow always walk out of the ring with victory"

"I see, how much do they usually bet on the fighters?" Mr. Tomio asked.

"It's in the folder" Yamada pointed. "They placed different prices for each fighter. The most was probably 350,000 thousand dollars"

Hearing the price, a greedy smirk spread across Mr. Tomio's lips. "Impressive!" He laughed. "I see some clients keep coming back to Tenjiku, why do they keep betting more and more even after so many losses? What do they seek?"

"The king's thrown."

The room fell quiet. Mr. Tomio took the remote and turned off the karaoke TV. "Carry on"

Yamada exhaled deeply and rested his head on the sofa comfortably. "You see, Mr. Tomio. Tenjiku isn't like those childish delinquent gangs like you'd usually describe. Tenjiku is like an organization. They have all sorts of connections with other criminal organizations and companies that agreed to protect Tenjiku's reputation. Who knows? They're probably under the government's care as well. Why else do you think they gained a high reputation in such a short time? With so much power, there's no doubt those filthy rich people would want to take over Tenjiku as their own to build their status. No offense to you" He apologized.