『 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥 』

Placing down the paper plate on the floor, the little girl crouched down as she gently pet the two kittens as they digged into the food scraps

"Slow down Goromaru, Toramaru isn't going to eat all of it" She said in a gentle tone. Chuckling softly as she watched Toramaru, the white kitten with the black spot on its nape lift up its tiny paw and smacked the black kitten with the white spot on its nape.

A loud bang suddenly hit the wall at the entrance to the kitchen. The sound caused the girl and the two kittens to flinch and turn to the door.

A middle aged man then entered the kitchen. The expression plastered on his face wasn't so pleasing.

"Oh.. Good evening sir." She greeted.

He took a glance at the girl then stumbled towards the fridge. His alchoholic stench hit the back of your nose making you scrunch up your face. Goromaru sniffed the air and sneezed.

The man opened the fridge and grabbed a new can of beer. He then reached his hand to the lower deck and was confused to find the plate of stirfried vegetables with pork lighter than the last time he held it.

His eyebrows furrowed. Half of the food was missing. He looked over his shoulder to the kittens and realized the food that those felines were eating, was his food.

The girl jolted by the sounds of plates shattering on the floor. She looked up to see an angered man before her.

"THAT'S MY FOOD!" The man yelled with eyes widened and his teeth gritting.

The girl dropped her body over the kittens to shield them, resulting in her getting hit by a wooden chair that the man threw out of rage.

"S-sir! The food has been there for days! It's about to go bad so I just gave it to them— Please don't-!" She tried to beg but was then kicked across the room.

Goromaru immediately sprinted to the girl and stood infront of her while facing the man as if he was protecting her.

The girl let out a groan as she lifted her body up.

"WHO THE FUCK SAID YOU CAN FEED THESE RODENTS WITH MY FOOD?!?" The man glanced below him and caught a glance of a tiny white kitten under his foot.

In a fit of rage, he snatched the kitten and raised her in the air.

"Meow!" Goromaru shouted upon seeing his sister so high up away from his reach.

The girl's eyes widened. She watched as the man threw the white kitten across the room causing her fragile body to hit against the hard brick wall.

"TORAMARU!"

"TORAMARU!" You screamed aloud. Cold sweat slid down your forehead as you stared up at the dark ceiling. "Torama..." You muttered.

"Meoww!.." Toramaru jumped to your side, immediately comforting you the best she can. She purred softly as she rubbed her head against your chin.

"Toramaru..." You gulped. "Thank god. Thank god... You're okay..." Your heart was still beating so loudly. So quickly against your cheat.

Hugging the white cat in your arms, you stood up and left your bedroom. You walked along the dark hall then halted infront of the first bedroom.

You twisted the doorknob, the sound of the creaking door awakened the figure in the dark room sleeping on his bed.

He rose his head above from his covers and rubbed his eye.

"(Y/n)...? What are you doing?" Izana asked in a low tired voice.

No response.

Izana laid in his bed and stared at your figure. Examining your settle moves with full focus. Your eyes gazed down to the floor, a hint of panic and worry. Your arms hugging Toramaru so tightly as if you're scared she'll slip away. And the visible sweat running down your neck.

"Was it one of your replaying memories?" Izana asked once again.

You pressed your lips together, a stingy sensation began to form under your eyes along with the heavy pressure on your chest.

Toramaru snuggled her head on the left side of your chest, listening to your heartbeats.

"Papa." You finally said, taking small steps towards him.

Izana replied immediately, "Yes, my princess?" As he crawled and sat at the edge of the bed.

You halted infront of him. He looked up into your eyes as he watched the tears flow down your cheeks.

"Do you think... I can sleep here with you tonight..?" You muttered softly. Sniffling as you hiccuped. "I'm scared someone might hurt Toramaru..."

Izana gently pulled you onto his bed and silently pulled the blanket to cover the three of you.

"No one will hurt Toramaru, believe me" Izana assured. "Goromaru wouldn't let anything happen to Toramaru or you"

Your eyes saddened. "Goromaru.."

Toramaru fixed her sleeping position and let out a small 'meow' once more.

"You're okay, princess" Izana said as he gently stroked your hair. "We're okay"

He embraced you with Toramaru between the both of you. His arm holding the back of your head as you rested on his pillow.

His warmth calmed your body. A feeling of relief washed over your shoulders. Safe, that's how you felt at the moment. It was what you needed.

Your vision began to blur. Comforted by your surroundings, your mind went blank.

Footsteps came to the bedroom door, revealing a tall boy with a scar across his face.

"Did something happen?" Kakucho asked with his eyes squinted. "I heard some noises"

"Everything's fine, she just had a nightmare" Izana replied.

"Oh" Kakucho yawned. "Isn't it the 4th time this week? She keeps waking up in the middle of the night and comes to sleep in your room"

Izana shook his head. "I don't mind, If I can help her go back to sleep, then she can wake me up everyday" He chuckled softly. "My daughter"

Kakucho crouched down to the bed's level. Gazing down at your sleeping form as he slightly pulled up the cover and invited himself onto the bed.

"Haha, what? Did you get a nightmare too?" Izana joked.

Kakucho adjusted himself and closed his eyes as he spoke. "I'm just too unbothered to go back to my room so might as well" He let out a yawn. "Night Izan..a..." His voice faded as he slowly slipped back into his slumber.

Izana smiled. "Yeah, goodnight Kakucho" He then turned to you and placed a quick peck on your forehead. "Goodnight to you too, princess"