Prologue

Fighting is Loving

Prologue

Third Person's Pov...

"Seriously, I love you!" Yeji said, hugging Lia tightly, who only nodded in response. Yeji let go of the hug and awkwardly walked away. Lia grabbed her bags and left Yeji's house. She felt bad about doing that to Yeji. She grabbed her phone and texted someone. In about 10 minutes, someone picked her up.

"Did you do it, babe?" The latter asked, and Lia sighed and shook her head. She sat down inside the car and contemplated everything for a minute before the other spoke.

"I can't do this anymore, Lia. It's her or me. I don't want to be the second option anymore. If you really want to be with me, then you would end things with her." Lia looked at her and said, "I know Ryujin. You have to trust that I love you but... you can't expect someone to just end a relationship of 5 years without having doubts." Lia held her phone tightly and spoke again.

"I'm the one who has to tell her that those five years meant nothing. I'm the one who is going to break her world, and I'm the one she's going to hate. I love you, Ryujin, but let me do this right. I can't just do that to her. She doesn't deserve that." Ryujin nodded her head and held Lia's hand.

"I get it, baby; it's just a little frustrating." She said and kissed Lia's cheek. Lia smiled at Ryujin, resting her head on the back of the seat. She closed her eyes and fell asleep.

=========

"Chaeryeong, she's cheating on me, right?" Yeji said on the phone with Chaeryeong; she stayed silent, waiting for a response. "I-I'm sure of it, Yeji-ah." Yeji broke into tears, "So it's over..."

"Yeah, it's over; I'll be there in five. Wait for me, Yeji unnie." Chaeryeong said she hung up the phone and rushed towards her car. She knew Yeji needed her. When she got to Yeji's house, she took out her spare key and opened the door. She rushed inside and saw Yeji crying in the living room.

"Yeji unnie, it's okay; I'm here now!" Chaeryeong hugged Yeji tightly and cuddled with her on the couch.

"She didn't say she loved me." Yeji muttered between cries. Chaeryeong hummed a song, and Yeji fell asleep with puffy eyes. Chaeryeong placed a blanket over her and left the house. She put on her coat and drove to Lia's house. Chaeryeong shivered in the cold. She knocked on the door and heard a muffled sound.

"Hello?" Lia said before looking at Chaeryeong. Her eyes opened wide, she froze in place, and Chaeryeong slapped her.

"She knows!" Chaeryeong yelled at Lia, who was once again shocked. "Did you think she was stupid? Of course she would notice how you didn't say I love you back or how you would never visit her. You're a piece of shit Lia; you could have told her. She didn't deserve that; I thought you were better than that. Are you still with that shitty mistress of yours? What was her name? Oh right, Shin Ryujin, the player of our university, I can't believe you're going out with that whore." Chaeryeong ranted, and Lia stopped her.

"Don't talk about Ryujin like that!"

"Oh, shut the fuck up, Lia. You don't get to defend her; she was with all of our friends. She's a whore and a player. You fell for the bitch in the corner of the room. You know, you lost an amazing person. I don't ever want to see you near her. Don't even talk to her. It's over for both of you!" Chaeryeong slapped Lia again. Lia held her cheek; she was mad.

"Oh, what the hell do you know? I know you've been eyeing Yeji since you met her! You should be delighted right now!"

"No, I'm not a shitty person like you, Lia. I guess Ryujin really did change you. You and I aren't the same. I didn't fuck around with my girlfriend while I fucked another girl. I have been eyeing Yeji, but I had more decency to let you guys be. It was her choice, and I loved her enough to let her be happy. So if you want to talk about all of the things I know, ask me!" Chaeryeong yelled at Lia, who stood back and thought to herself.