Chapter One

Fighting Is Loving

Chapter One
(Unpublished to edit smth, back up now. 😌)
Third Person's Pov...
    "I told you to take care of the paperwork!" An old man scolded Chaeryeong; she apologized profusely, but the man was persistent until someone stopped him. "Thanks Tae." Chaeryeong said it with a smile, but he shook his head. "It's not a problem, really." He grabbed the papers scattered on the floor and said, "It's not like you're his secretary; you're the head of the design committee." He said, and Chaeryeong chuckled, "His secretary already does a lot of work; I offer to help her."

They walked together to their shared desk when Winter, one of their close friends, followed behind and said, "Hey you two! Guess what!" Winter asked enthusiastically. Tae and Chaeryeong simultaneously said, 'What?' back.

"I heard there's a new head of HR and a new head of marketing. I heard they are both coming from Canada!" Winter said, and Chaeryeong coughed her coffee out.

"Are you okay?" Tae immediately patted her back. "Yeah, I just drank incorrectly." Chaeryeong said, faking a smile. Winter caught on but played along.

"Chaery, can you come with me to the bathroom? I need you to fix something in my hair, and the lighting here is really bad!" Winter said, excusing both of them. Chaeryeong nodded curiously. Taehyun thought nothing of it and went back to work while the other two walked to the bathroom.

When they entered the bathroom, Chaeryeong crossed her arms and asked, "What was that? You know you would never say you have something wrong with your hair in front of a man." Chaeryeong interrogated Winter.

"Jeez, you know me too well, but I know you more. You looked like a ghost when I mentioned Canada. You want to talk about it?" Winter asked, and Chaeryeong shook her head with a small sigh. "It's too long of a story. That's a story for another day, but don't worry, I'm fine now. It's just where I used to live." Chaeryeong said, trying to fake a soft smile.

Winter nodded her head and followed Chaeryeong out of the bathroom. When they got back to the office, Taehyun came running and said, "Clean your desk! I heard they are here!" Chaeryeong brushed it off since her desk is already clean but she had a terrible gut feeling about this.

Winter rushed to her desk and cleaned it, "I didn't know they would arrive today-" She was cut off when the elevator dinged. Chaeryeong waited in anticipation and her gut feeling was right. The people she didn't want to see had appeared right before her.

Yeji, Lia, Ryujin, and Yuna exited the elevator all together. Yuna was the secretary of the office, but the other three were a surprise to her. "I thought you said it was only two!?" Chaeryeong whispered in Winter's ear, "Those were only rumors." She whispered back before shifting her attention back to the heads.

Yeji looked over and spotted Chaeryeong, She looked away and kept talking with Yuna. Chaeryeong clenched her fist when they approached her. "Uh, this is Lee-"

"Lee Chaeryeong, we know." Yeji interrupted Yuna coldly. She didn't even look Chaeryeong in the eye. Lia smiled, and so did Ryujin. "She's the head of the design team, so you three will be working with her pretty often." Yuna finished her sentence. Chaeryeong smiled back at them.

Taehyun and Winter left to give them some privacy, due to the awkwardness, Yuna ended up leaving them as well since it was the end of the tour. "So, how have you been?" Lia asked, and Chaeryeong looked at her, "I've been fine."

"Uh, Chaeryeong, I wanted to apologize for being an ass and a player. I think that if you give me the chance, we could be good friends. I promise I'm not the same." Ryujin spoke nervously, and Chaeryeong chuckled.