Prologue

A tv sounds in the background...

"It's the year 2215 and the world is finally recovering from the fallout of the nuclear disaster that stemmed from a catastrophic mistake ending in the annihilation of half a continent, the largest deposit of renewable energy, and Middle East's natural gas bed. In the year 2025, due to the unforeseen hostilities during the second Cold War, NATO was forced to detonate lethal force over Eastern Europe's bordering countries.

What was not calculated was the amount of undocumented nuclear weapons and a massive unmined lithium bed along the border of the Baltics. Who created and placed the ordinance? It was unclear, but what was clear is that there is now a giant new ocean where Half of Russia, Eastern Europe, and the Middle East used to be, and human genetics have been severely altered. After the fallout was deemed the most horrific happenstance to humanity and the environment since the Black Plague, it was decided that technology had gone too far.

Against the wishes of the major tech companies, the world leaders agreed to set up worldwide pulsed electromagnetic field towers. Effectively wiping out the world's ability to use electricity. After multiple riots and government backed subjugation, the remaining population begrudgingly digressed back into the use of steam engines and animal operated transportation and the remaining Tech Dons went underground.

After almost 200 years it would be evaluated if the use of electricity should be reinstated as that was the lifespan of the towers. Leading up to the 200th anniversary, an unacknowledged group funded by the world's governments called OPERATOR25 was created to squash any inkling of revolt and annihilate the remaining Tech Dons that vowed to continue creating bigger and more dangerous weapons."