//Kohl Eyed//

Name of the Book: Letters to the lost 

Author: Brigid Kemmerer 

This was a cute read. 

I don't think I have ever been so encapsulated by a book so much so that I ended being freaking glued to it and  finishing it within a day. Now, I have finished books quickly and forgotten all about them but somehow, SOMEHOW, this one has stayed with me. The way that it is written, the characters that have been etched and scored on my heart, and over-all the story in itself? BEAUTY. 

Some might argue that this book is nothing but the "Good-Girl meets Bad-Boy" or what is it that Gen Z people call this trope? "Grumpy x Sunshine"? That. And if I am being completely honest with you, it is! It is nothing more than that but unlike a lot of books with the similar trope, this book seems to embrace it. The book knows it's nothing more than that and yet, yet it accepts it gracefully. 

Another reason why I fricking loved this book was because I read one or two descriptive lines about each characters and I just knew from the bottom of my heart which character was what zodiac sign. Like I KNOW, Declan Murphy is a scorpio and his best-friend, the best-friend who doesn't speak but doesn't stop when he's with Declan, that best-friend, obviously he's a cancer. No one can argue with me otherwise. I enjoyed this book way (X 10) more than I normally should have. And I whole-heartedly suggest it to anyone who wants a quick, cute and mildly heartwarming read. 

It has no over-exaggeration of "scenes", no cursing here and there, no overly-sexual parts. It is a book you can recommend to someone who has just started their reading journey or they happen to be a teenager and you want them to have a good reading experience like you did! (Am I speaking for myself here? YES. What About It?) Much better than all the books we are seeing float around these days. 

Overall, it is indeed a really amazing book. Brigid Kemmerer really did it with this one. It even has a follow-up book about Declan's best-friend's story (there's a reason i'm not saying the name: don't want to spoil anything about the book for anyone who wants to read it) and it's called "More than we can tell", maybe I might pick it up and put it on here after reading it. Fingers crossed! 

Favourite Line: "We are all united by grief, and somehow divided by the same thing."

Ratings: 9.5 Declans/ 10 Declans 

----------------------------------------------------