//Porcelain Shots//

Name of the Book: Avalon High

Author: Meg Cabot

My hall-ticket into the world of no-picture books.

This was my very first book that I read back when I was 11, I think? Up until that point I had only read books like "Geronimo Stilton" (oh god, these books were a fever dream, all those who have read those will know exactly what I am talking about here- like a rat-themed New York City? Yes, PLEASE) then after those I got into Nancy Drew series by Carolene Keene(tried my hands with "The Hardy Boys" too but they just didn't hit like Nancy Drew did, which would have one picture every hundred pages or so) and that is when I found this book sitting a-top of my sisters's book shelf.

I don't even remember why I picked this book up but I am so glad I did. The story line was perfect. Chef's kiss. I remember distinctly and precisely when the book sparked interest in me, it was a hot day in summer and we were coming back from school in our daily commute, my friend was absent that day so I was sitting alone wondering what to do when I remembered that I had the book with me. I read the book all the way back home and then proceeded to finish the book within a day or so. (Yeah! it was THAT good!)

Don't want to give too much away but it was one of the perfect books that entailed the perfect modernisation of the Knights Story and somehow they had moved from UK to USA (??). It was a perfect blend of romance and fantasy. All good things to say about this novel.

I know, there is a movie too. But of course, like every reader ever, the movies don't necessarily do justice to books but atleast the actors playing the characters were seemingly okay-ish. I'd give the movie a solid 7/10 (Which, I know the readers will agree with me on this one, is a high rating). Overall, the plot was amazing and the characters were interesting. A classic Meg Cabot.

Favourite Line: I don't remember any good ones since it's been a decade since I read it. But amazing book regardless.

Ratings: 9 Knights / 10 Knights

----------------------------------------------------