Chapter 7:Imitation Is the Sincerest Form of Flattery (Copycat)

Diana POV

Today was the unveiling of the heroes, though none of us were looking forward to it.

Ladybug has been in a sour mood ever since the battle with Rogercop. Cat Noir was feeling down due to Sofia giving him the cold shoulder. And Phantom Wolf started to show up less whenever an akuma shows up. And to make matters worse, the Ladyblog slandered Phantom Wolf's speech, stating that he was insulting Sofia when in actual fact, he was point out how people often look down at him for being a vigilante.

"Any change to Phantom's mood?" Siidii asked me.

"He's cooled off for now. But, I think him working with Ladybug's starting to make him more prone to lash out. Not to mention, Sofia's been pretty down. I guess what he said to her has got her thinking. Cat Noir said he'll try and get her to trust us. I hope."

After a while, I swapped into Tigress  and made my way to the unveiling ceremony, only to see Cat Noir greeting the crowd. As I landed next to him, I greeted him.

"Where's Wolf?" I asked.

"No idea. I tried calling him, but he didn't answer." Cat Noir shrugged.

After a while, Phantom arrived, apologising for his lateness. As the crowd took pictures of us, I noticed that Ladybug hadn't arrived yet. I looked to see Cat Noir looking at Sofia with a despondent expression. Before he could say anything, the man who made the sculpture cut him off.

 Before he could say anything, the man who made the sculpture cut him off

"Excuse me, Chat Noir, but Ladybug's not here." He says.

"Don't worry about Ladybug. I'm sure she'll be here any minute. Phantom, Tigress and I can handle this situation alone for now." Cat Noir replied.

"So basically, you three are the sidekicks?" Sofia scoffed. "As I expected. She lets you do the dirty work while she poses for the cameras."

"Hey, that's not-!"

"I'm sure Sofia has her own opinion about Ladybug, er-." I trailed off for a moment.

"Theo." The man said.

"Right. Theo."

"Well, sure she can be uptight at times, but she's mostly stubborn as hell." Chat Noir rolls his eyes a little, "That's probably why she's not here right now. She probably doesn't feel like she has to apologise."

"No surprise there." Phantom shrugged. "Speaking of which, I'm sorry for how I acted after the fight with Rogercop."

"Water under the bridge, Phantom Wolf. At least you are capable of admitting your faults. Unlike the polka pansy. And, I'm sorry if I was a bit harsh to you and your team. Except Ladybug, of course." The brunette replied.

Theo seemed put off by this.

"Say, Theo. Why are you so concerned about Ladybug not showing up?" I asked, hoping to calm him down.