Chapter 9: Valentines Day (Dark Cupid)

Zane POV

I heaved a heavy sigh.

Today is Valentine's Day and love is in the air for most others. For me, and those who are still looking for love, it's a pain to see other couples while longing for their special someone. As Sofia and Diana handed out Valentines Day themed treats, Ms Bustier continued on with the lesson.

Before, I couldn't care less about Valentines Day because the last time I had a gift, it was a cruel joke . However, ever since I met Diana, I hoped things would be different.

My feelings towards Diana started to grow as we spent time together, but wondered whether or not to even accept them.

 "Here's a question for you. Why do you think in most fairy tales the prince breaks the spell by kissing the spell?" Ms Bustier asked until Rose raised her hand.

"Rose?"

"Because only love can conquer hate!" Rose said as she swooned over.

Sofia smiled as she handed Juleka a purple rose.

"Correct, Rose." Our teacher replied.

Max stood up from his seat. "Technically speaking, this reasoning is only exhibited in about 87% of all fairy tales and-."

"We get it, Brainstorm!" Edward called, earning a scowl from Max as he sat down.

Ms Bustier turned to me. "I see that your thoughts are more important than the class, Mr Anderson."

I snapped out of my thoughts and replied. "Sorry?"

"Can you tell me what I just said?" She asked me.

"That's why in most fairy tales, the prince breaks the spell by kissing the princess because only love conquers hate," I replied.

"Very good, Zane.Now, everyone, don't forget to finish Sleeping Beauty by Charles Perrault tonight, and happy Valentine's Day, students!" Ms Bustier responded.

"Teacher's pet." Edward  chuckled as he shoulder checked me.

"Dickless Shit stain." I retorted.

As I exited the classroom, I went to my locker to collect my bag and books. Suddenly, I saw a letter on my bag and picked it up to read.

"Your night coloured hair and stormy grey eyes. I wonder who you are beneath that strong disguise. Every day we see each other and I hope that you'll be mine, together our love could be so true, please, my Sunshine, will you be my Valentine?"

My eyes widened as I saw the signature.

Diana Laurent Sinclair

"Well well. Looks like you got an admirer. And it's your crush." Fang teased.

"Impossible. Diana and I are friends. And besides, the last time I got a Valentine's Day gift, I ended up smelling like sewage water." I replied.

"But, this could be your chance to finally get over that prank. Diana clearly likes you. Are you really going to dismiss her?" Fang crossed his arms.

I looked at the poem, skimming through it again.

"I'm going to reply to the poem with one of my own." I announced.

Fang smiled broadly. "Great! And I'm going to help you!"

I chuckled. "Alright, buddy. I guess you can."

Diana POV

"I told you it was a bad idea to write that dumb poem!" I whined as I covered my face in embarrassment.