800 days

*A oneshot in honor of 800 days since I played Duskwood for the first time <3

    Jake was the first to wake up. He was used to it because of his job, wanting to finish early so he could have the rest of the day free.

    He sat up in bed, looking to his right. A smile appeared on his face as he saw Macie sleeping. And it was replaced by laughter as he heard little Hope blow bubbles with her mouth in her sleep.
     After spending the whole night crying, he now seemed like a little angel. Just like her mother.
     He took a handkerchief and wiped her face. Every time he saw her, the protective instinct grew. Now it wasn't about protecting a single person.

     It was still difficult for him to think that all of this was real. That he finally had a life with her. It had taken him being granted complete freedom in exchange for working for the FBI, but there he was. Having a normal life.

     He slowly stroked Macie's cheek and she was awake, blinking slowly.
     She looked up and smiled at Jake. The light from the window made him a perfect silhouette of a shadow resembling the presentation of a hero. She bit his lip, controlling herself. It wasn't the time.

   "Good morning," she said with a hoarse voice, still a little asleep. "Admiring the scene?" her voice sounded sweet, holding her daughter's little hand.

     Jake nodded, bowing to them.
     He rested his forehead on his wife's, with a smile. Macie laughed happily. She also didn't believe she had this life with him and had something beautiful that the two of them had created. Having Hope had been something she'd never thought about if Jake hadn't come into her life. She was what showed her that a miracle could be born from a pure love like theirs. Hope had been the hope they had had to be together.

     The little girl began to stretch, making small sounds. The parents laughed without making much noise.
     Macie carefully placed a small kiss on her head and Jake placed a small kiss on her little hand. The little girl opened her eyes and looked at them curiously. 

    "Good morning, little angel," Jake said slowly, so as not to scare her.

   "I thought I was your angel," Macie joked.

    Jake smiled at her, placing his hand behind her neck, pulling her close to him and kissing her slowly.

   "You are the angel, she is the little angel" he looked at Hope again and then at her "and you both are what I love most in this life."

     Macie's face lit up. She always seemed to be hearing those beautiful words for the first time.
     She wanted to kiss him again, but Hope started to complain.
     She laughed, sitting up in bed.

   "It seems like someone is hungry," she picked her up, speaking to her tenderly.

   "Let me help you," Jake put her hair up in a small bun, and then looked at them lovingly.

     He would truly give his life for them to be safe.
     But also, he would do anything to continue being in their lives.

     And he was sure that this life together was going to be wonderful if he had them to forget all the bad things he had gone through.
     He finally got a family he was never going to lose.