Chapter 4

POV: Lizzie Thorne

Today I woke up in a good mood for once. I mean, I'm in a better mood than every other day since. Finally, I can work, something exciting. It's been so long since I could. I'm first to arrive in the conference room. This is going to decide what we're gonna do. I sit at my designated place while people start to enter the room. The thing is, I know I'm going to be able to do whatever crime we're gonna commit, the only thing is from yesterday's conference I know they want to hurt Azura and since we know she's working like almost everyday, she's probably the main target. I look at the other higher ups take their seats. When they're all seated, a woman starts talking.

''Today is the day Antiheroe does crime in quite a few days. It's going to be something big.''

We can hear a lot of whispering, it's not everyone that was here at the conference yesterday so they probably don't know what is going to happen. Someone else talked, I'm still not quite sure who it is.

'' So as you all know we needed to stop doing crime because our elite staff member, the one conducting every operation, was injured. She is now doing well enough that we can in fact return to our normal activities.''

Everyone looks at me. Well this is awkward, if they didn't want to stop doing crimes, they should've let other people take my place, I don't know, like Edward. The only problem is everyone is too scared to do anything that i'm doing or too incompetent. Now can they just like stop teasing and start telling us what we're actually gonna do. The same woman as earlier starts to talk again.

''We were thinking, there is this one hero, we know her name is Azura, she in fact caused Lizzie to go on sick leave. She electrocuted our beloved comrade. This caused Antihero to stop conducting any crimes.''

Yeah, no beloved? I wanna laugh so badly. Why did she say beloved with an accent, that's so cringe and she said comrade, i've never heard anyone say comrade in any sentence ever. Oh well at least I know I was right when I texted Azura that we were coming for her. The woman starts talking again.

''The plan is, We enter a shopping center, take a few people hostage, rob a few stores, the heroes will be forced to cooperate or else we kill those hostages. We ask for Azura in return.''

That's a shit ass plan actually. It's never going to work. They're never going to give her up that easily, plus her rank is 10 so a few of Antihero will probably die in the process. She starts talking again.

''If this does not work out, we will go ahead and kidnap her. It can be while she is heading to her house, to work, anywhere actually''

Well shit. That's just making my life so much harder. Oh well, it's not like I have a say in all of that. The lady speaks again. It's funny cause she can't shut the fuck up it's like impossible for her to hear silence.

''The conference is done, tell everyone the info, were leaving this afternoon''

Good so I have absolutely nothing to do until this afternoon. Everyone starts leaving the room, so I do the same. I grab my things and head out of the room. The place we're in ressembles a warehouse. There's multiple people walking around with firearms. I know all of them. Not their names or anything, just their faces. I committed a crime with each one of them.

I walk towards the exit when suddenly someone calls my name. Oh fuck, I do not want to have this talk, why can't anyone just not talk afterwards. I turn around when my eyes meet this beautiful girl. She speaks.

''Last night was nice.... if you want to do something again you know I wouldn't mind.''

Fuck sakes. We only hooked up, it was to keep my mind off something. I needed to think of something else so I hooked up with someone. I just hate when they don't know what a one night stand is. I don't stop the eye contact and say: