DC | S2; EP10

FOLLOW MY CO-WRITER ACC FOR BOOK UPDATES/SCHEDULES; amsbamsTHIS IS A SEQUEL. Go read Extravagant first ]

 Go read Extravagant first ]

EPISODE TEN

EPISODE TEN.

𝟺:𝟸𝟷𝚊𝚖

Sunjai laid reclined in her hospital bed with a bowl of ice chips in her lap. Her water had broken two hours ago which officially put her in labor.

She glanced at Ja who sat on the couch across the room, "Why you lookin' at me like that?"

Ja nodded to the machines at her bedside, "I'm lookin' at them. Tryna figure out what each one do."

"Look it up," Sunjai shrugged eating another piece of ice.

"I did," He held up his phone that had a picture of all the different machines along with labels explaining what each one was, to say he was bored was an understatement. "You hungry?"

Sunjai nodded, "They said I can't eat tho."

"Damn," He got up and walked over to the bed, he grabbed one of her ice chips and ate it, "Ima wait fa you ta eat."

"You ain't gotta do allat." She chuckled, "I could be in labor forever. Thats what the doctor said."

He shrugged, "So wha? We can fast together."

"It's not fasting if it's involuntary." Sunjai laughed. "I can't wait fa the baby to grow up and be tryna argue wit' me so I can be like, 'I was in labor for 20 hours witchu and this is how you treat me'?"

Ja looked at her for a second before he busted out laughing, "It only been like 45 minutes."

"Two hours and counting actually." She pointed her finger before looking at her nails, "Ian even have time to get my nails done. Or my birthing braids. Maybe I can get a braider in here before I give birth, I can't go ta jail without my hair braided."

Ja's smile faltered a little before he walked back over to the couch to grab his phone, "I can get Niya to find someone."

Sunjai shrugged, "Don't worry 'bout it. Ima be okay."