chapter 11

Sky was sitting at the dinner table at Sadie's house with Sadie's mom and Sadie's little sister. Sadie was also there too but she was in the bathroom at the moment.

Sky reached across the table and grabbed the rice carton of chinese food, putting it on her plate. "Thanks for having me over, Lori."

"No need to thank me. You know you're welcome anytime." Lori smiled. "Are you excited for the Debutante Ball tomorrow."

"I'm a little nervous." Sky shrugged. "Like, what if I trip and fall?"

"Hold onto Sadie. She won't let you fall." Lori told her. "I still can't believe you got her to agree to go to that." 

"I know." Sky chuckled. "She doesn't mind though. She's actually the one who asked me."

"Well, she'd do anything for you." Lori smiled. "I wish I could make it but I have some things to do."

"Don't worry. I totally understand." Sky assured her.

After dinner, Sadie and Sky went upstairs to hang out in Sadie's room. Sky sat down on her bed and Sadie sat down next to her, leaning in and placing her lips on Sky's. Sky wrapped her arms around Sadie's neck and kissed her back.

"Thanks for coming over for dinner." Sadie softy said after they pulled away. "I know my mom really appreciates it and Jacey really likes hanging out with you.

"Of course. I love your mom and your sister is the sweetest." Sky smiled as she put a lock of hair behind Sadie's ear.

"I'm sorry it wasn't a home cooked meal. My mom is..." Sadie trailed off.

"Hey." Sky said. "It's okay. You don't have to tell me. I know you guys are going through something."

Sadie smiled. "You're the best."

Sky smiled as she slightly tilted her head. "I know."

Sadie laughed before she leaned in and kissed Sky.

The next day, Sky walked into the green room to get ready for the ball. She hung up her dress and sat down at a vanity next to Charlotte before she started to do her makeup.

"Hey." Olivia said as she walked up to Sadie, who was in the lobby of the venue. "You ready?"

"Uh, yeah." Sadie nodded.

The two stood in awkward silence for a couple seconds before Olivia spoke up. "Look, I know we haven't been the closest of friends with always fighting for Sky's heart, but for what it's worth... i'm glad she chose you."

Sadie slightly furrowed her eyebrows. "Really?"

Liv nodded. "I've always just wanted the best for Sky and for her to be happy. And you make her happy."

"Thanks." Sadie smiled. "I should get back up there."

"Yeah, I should get back to the table." Olivia said as she started to back up. "Good luck."

"Thank you." Sadie replied.

As Sky stood in the wings of the stage, waiting for her name to be called, she made eye contact with Sadie who stood in the other wing. Sadie smiled when the two made eye contact and Sky smiled back at her.

"Skylar Walsh, daughter of John and Amy Walsh." The announcer said and Sky and Sadie walked out of the wings, linking arms in the middle.

The announcer said Sky's introduction as Sadie and Sky smiled for the pictures. Sadie glanced over at Sky.

"You're a goddess." Sadie whispered.

"You ever say that to me again, i'll throw up all over you." Sky whispered back causing Sadie to chuckle.