chapter 21

The Olivia, Sky, and Sadie were in Olivia's car and driving down to the beach. Olivia was driving, Sky was in the passenger's seat, and Sadie was sitting in the backseat. Sky reached for Olivia's hand, lacing their fingers and resting them in her lap.

"Why do I always have to sit in the back?" Sadie whined.

"Date Liv and you can sit in the front." Sky told her.

"No thanks." Sadie cringed. "I'd rather drink acid."

"I'm offended." Olivia said as she glanced at Sadie in the rearview mirror.

"Don't worry, Liv. I'm all you need." Sky smiled as she looked at Liv.

"You sure are, darling." Olivia stopped at a red light, leaning over the middle console and kissing Sky on the lips.

"Ugh. Barf." Sadie said.

Sky turned around in her seat to look at Sadie. "I'm sorry, did you and me not make out 24/7 when we dated?"

"Excuse me?" Olivia furrowed her eyebrows.

"No, she's lying, Liv. We didn't make out once." Sadie lied and Olivia rolled her eyes. "I know that there's one thing we can agree on, though."

"What's that?" Olivia asked.

"Sky's a freaky one in bed." Sadie said with a small smirk.

"For sure." Olivia agreed.

"You guys are so weird." Sky laughed. "I don't know how I feel about you two being friends. Can we go back to when you both fought over me and hated each other?"

"Sorry, Skylar. Those days are over." Sadie replied.

Olivia carried Sky on her back as they walked on the beach and looked for a place to sit on the sand. Sadie walked next to them as she carried the beach bag.

"I can't believe there's not a lot of people here." Sky said as she looked around.

"I know." Liv said.

"Let's sit right here." Sadie decided as she dropped the beach bag.

"Alright." Olivia said as she set Sky down on the ground.

Sky took out her towel from the bag and laid it down on the sand. She took off her tank top and then pulled down her jean shorts, revealing her light blue bikini.

"Alright, girls. I'm gonna tan so you can go do whatever." Sky told them.

"You're gonna tan?" Olivia furrowed her eyebrows as she got in her bikini. "Let's go hang out in the ocean." 

"Look at me, Livie, i'm white as a ghost." Sky told her as she looked down at her body. "You go in the ocean and I'll be there in like ten minutes. I promise."

"Okay."

Sky laid down on her towel and put on her sunglasses. She watched Olivia and Sadie splash around in the water before she closed her eyes.

After about seven minutes, Sky opened up her eyes when she heard someone lay down next to her. She looked over to see Olivia lay on her towel next to her.

"Where's Sadie?" Sky asked.

"She went to go get some fries from the snack bar." Olivia told her. "We're gonna go back in the water when she comes back."

"Make sure she waits a little before she swims." Sky said.

"Okay, mom." Olivia smiled.

Sky flipped herself over and laid on her stomach so that her back could get a little tan. Olivia looked over at Sky, admiring her for a few seconds before she looked back at the ocean.

"Hey, Sky?"

"Yeah?"

"What kind of stuff did you do with Sadie in bed?" Olivia asked as she played with the sand.

Sky looked at Olivia. "Are you really asking me that?"

"Yeah." Olivia said.

"I did the same thing with her that I did with you." Sky told her. "Why do you care so much?"

"I just want to know if I'm better than her, that's all." Olivia shrugged.

"You both are good at it. I'm not gonna pick." Sky chuckled.

Olivia let out a small groan and looked back at the ocean. "Can we go in the water now?"

"Sure." Sky replied as she stood up.

Olivia and Sky went down into the water, Sadie joining them after she finished eating her fries. They played a few games before Sky got out of the water to go to the bathroom.

"Um, I told Sky about NYU." Olivia told Sadie.

"Oh, yeah? How'd she take it?" Sadie asked.

"She was proud." Olivia smiled. "And then she got upset when I told her I wasn't going because I wanted to be with her."

Sadie chuckled. "Yeah. She's the most selfless person I know."

"She can beg and try to convince me all she wants but I'm going to USC with you guys. Nothing is changing my mind." Olivia told Sadie. "I lost her once and I'm not losing her again. I'm telling you right now, I'm gonna marry that girl one day."

Sadie smiled. "I look forward to coming to the wedding. If it's not me, i'm glad its you."

"Thanks, Sadie." Olivia smiled. "That means a lot."