chapter 12

flashbacks will be in italics

It's been about 6 months since the night of the debutante ball. Liv and Sky weren't together anymore, Sadie rarely ever talked to Sky, and Olivia's mom was dead.

It was summer now, June 17th to be exact. So far Sky has been spending her summer days cooped up in her room wondering when and how everything went wrong.

Olivia and Sky were walking down the streets hand in hand, each of them holding a cone of ice cream. Sky let out a sigh and looked down at the ground.

"Hey." Liv softly said. "What's wrong?"

Sky looked back up at Olivia. "I just... feel bad for Sadie. I don't know how i'm gonna tell her about us. She's already hurting with her family stuff and I don't want to hurt her more."

"I get it." Olivia nodded. "You want me to talk to her?"

"No. I think it's best she hears it from me. She won't hesitate to rip your head off your body if you tell her." Sky joked and Liv let out a light chuckle. "How are your parents?"

"Uh... my dad is making a speedy recovery. The doctors have no new update on my mom but so far it's not looking too good." Olivia softly said.

"If you need anything, just let me know. You know my family and I are always here for you." Sky told her.

"I know." Olivia nodded. "And that's why I like you so much."

Sky smiled and Olivia leaned in to kiss her on the lips. When Liv pulled away, Sky moved closer to her and looped her other arm around Olivia's.

The next day, Sky went to Sadie's house. She knocked on her bedroom door and walked in when she heard Sadie shout 'come in'.

"Hey, baby." Sadie smiled at her.

"Hey."

"Come sit." Sadie patted her bed and Sky sat down. 

"Are you okay?" Sky asked her.

"Yeah, I just..." Sadie trailed off.

"You don't have to tell me." Sky shook her head.

"No, it's fine. I found out a couple weeks ago that my mom and dad were talking again." Sadie admitted. "The reason I left the ball was because I found out he was in town."

"Oh." Sky said. "I thought he moved back to Texas?"

"He did. But I guess he's back." Sadie told her. "Anyways. Enough about me. What's up with you?"

"Um." Sky started to play with her fingers. "I have to tell you something. You're not gonna like it."

"You can tell me anything." Sadie smiled.

"After the ball, Liv and I went to the beach. She found out her parents were in an accident." Sky started. "One thing led to another, and we... kissed."

Sadie's smile fell. "You kissed Olivia?"

"Yeah." Sky softly said. "We wanted to tell you-"

"You're already a we?" Sadie asked.

"No, I- Well, yes but-"

"What the fuck, Sky? What about us? Did the time we spent with each other not mean anything to you?" Sadie questioned.

"No, baby, of course it did." Sky told her.

"No, you don't get to call me that. I'm not your baby anymore." Sadie stood up from her bed and looked down at Sky.