We Used to Be Friends

Sometime after the events of 'Three, Four. . . Open the Door'

Dark sat across from Mark, the Chess board and pieces in front of them.

Dark was thinking carefully on his next move. He knew full well that Mark wouldn't play with him. It had been like this for months now.

Every day, Dark would visit him in his room and try and play Chess with him just like he and Damien used to years and years ago.

Every time, though, he just ended up playing by himself for the both of them. And he'd let Mark win every time.

It was getting very old but Mark refused to engage in any conversation with him.

Finally, Dark couldn't keep him mouth shut again, just like every day. He had to try and talk to him. Again.

"Remember years ago when you'd kick my ass at this game? I mean . . ..  when you'd kick Damien's ass in it?" Dark cracked a smile, "It's weird, having his memories as well as Celine's . . and that poor District Attorney. Although, they're pretty dulled out by now. Still feel bad about that. . . . . or. . . Damien does. Celine didn't care all that much about anyone else but Damien before she . . ."

Dark sighed, remembering, ". . . . Uh . . .checkmate" he tipped a knight over.

Mark wanted to kill him. He wanted to yell at him so bad that he was playing the game wrong but he couldn't do it. That would mean Dark won, then, by getting him to talk.

So he just sat there with his arms crossed, looking out the window. Anywhere else to not have to look at HIM.

Dark bit his lip, "I remember how close you and Damien and William used to be. . . . best friends. Do you remember? . . . I see it like it was just yesterday"

Mark stayed silent but yes. . . ..  he remembered.

How could he ever forget?

His. . .'humble' beginning?

Many years ago

They were friends. . . . . .

They had always been friends . . . 

They promised it'd stay that way forever. . . . .

But it didn't.

Damien . . . Celine. . . . William. . . . Mark.

Damien and Celine were twins. They were childhood friends with William and Mark. 

Mark lived down the street from Damien and Celine. 

While the twins were raised in luxury in a lovely manor, Mark was brought up in a small house with no friends and parents that weren't around most of the time.

One day, Mark was getting bullied from a kid at school when Damien was walking by and saw this.

The bully shoved Mark to the ground, "You're such a loser! You'll always be nothing just like your druggie loser parents!"

Damien ran to help him and him and Mark scared the bully off together. That was how they became friends. Soon, Damien introduced Mark to Celine. He was already completely head over heels for her and tried to impress her constantly.