V

"There you go babes. Step by step." It was a hushed yelp, but she could definitely hear me.

"Shut up! I'm trying to concentrate." She looked down on the endless drop in front of her. Seemingly endless actually.

"I'm afraid of heights."

"What?"

"I'm afraid of heights."

"Ok, you're gonna have to start annunciating."

"I'M. AFRAID. OF. HEIGHTS."I was shocked. Actually, shocked was the wrong word. I was ECSTATIC.

"Little brave Stella, afraid of heights? Well, this might be the BEST day of my life!" I started laughing maniacally. I rested my hands on my knees and held my stomach. "You are a trip, my friend." I exclaimed out of breathe.

"My pleasure." She smirked, cautiously scooting to the edge of the roof. It was a 1 story drop. 6 feet, at the most.

"Don't be scared, I'll be here to catch you."

"With those thunder thighs? Well, I must be in good hands."

"Ok, enough, we gotta get to Robin's. Steven's gonna be there." I wiggled my eyebrows up and down.

She sighed. She slowly laid her back against the patterned roof as her legs dangled solemnly.

"Maybe partying and fucking guys isn't what life's about."

"Come down please." I whined.

She hopped down, hitting the grass. The sound was minuscule, and she hit the ground lightly, but it somehow felt like an earthquake. She then proceeded to lay down on the dewy grass.

"Are you having a moment? Becau-"

"Am I the only one that feels empty after it all?" She cut me off, looking up at me from the ground. Her eyes were glazed over, and I saw the shell around her heart, in her eyes, slowly cracking away. It was remarkable, and her eyes twinkled, mirroring the moon. I huffed, and laid down beside her. I took her hand and held it tightly. That night, the moon was much brighter than us.

-----------------------

The fan spun fast on the roof of this white room. Everything was white. White bed sheets, White side tables, white lamps, Fuck, even a white remote. Maybe I was over exaggerating. I hadn't slept all night. I wasn't even tired, like the melatonin just never kicked in. I felt like there was a ton of cement filling up my skull. I couldn't think, but I was thinking too much.

The sheet covered my body except for my leg peeking out of the corner. I had my arms laying on either side of my body and my legs were sprawled. I had been this way the whole night. I was also partially naked. They didn't give me any clothes except for a huge shirt meant for a man, and I had worn that yesterday. It had snot and tears on it. It smelled like yesterday. I tossed it in the trash. I didn't want to think about yesterday.

So, I wore the boxers the station gave me, because it was the 'only pair of clean underwear they had.' Which, was bullshit. Retaliation for not going through with the questioning I guess. Anyway, that was all she wrote. I didn't count on anyone coming to this room for the rest of the day, week, month , etc. I didn't have to wear clothes. I got up, lifting up the boxers so they would stop slipping down, and went to the small kitchen just outside the bedroom. I looked at the time.

7:30 a.m.

I began examining each cabinet and the fridge. No food. NONE. What do I look like to these people?