CHO:02 - GAYI MERI FLIGHT! (MY FLIGHT HAS LEFT)

INIKA'S POV:

I woke up with the sound of my doorbell ringing. It must be the milkman with the milk. I got out of the bed and took the milk container and went to the door half sleepy. I bet my milkman is the one person who has seen me in the worst states ever. The hungover Inika, the haven't slept all night Inika almost every Inika probably other people haven't. 

I open the door and extend my hand with the milk container so that he can put the milk into it and I can happily crawl into my bed again. He puts the milk into it. I say, "Thank you bhaiya, Ek hafta dudh nahi daalna hai" (Thank you, don't deliver milk this week) and turn around when it hits me that this man is too tall for the milkman, and my suspicion is confirmed when I hear a deep but joyful voice saying, "At least don't call me bhaiya, Inika". I turn around and see the cute, dimpled face smiling down at me.

Ahhhh shit! My neighbor, Devansh Sahni had been the one on the door and I couldn't be more embarrassed. I just smile an awkward smile, but it strips right off my face when I realize I have flight to catch, and I am most definitely running late. 

"What time is it?" I ask him in an alerted tone. "The time to stop calling me bhaiya" He jokes and walks in. "Areyyy Ansh batana! I do not have time for jokes right now" (C'mon tell me Ansh!) I say whining a little and walk back inside closing the door. 

"It's 10:12 a.m. right now" he said in a calm tone making himself comfortable on my couch. "Shit! Shit! Shit! aaj toh gayi meri flight" (I'm going to miss my flight). I panic and start rushing in towards the room. "I still need to get packed, make my breakfast, Shower, call a cab, and if I do not reach in time and check-in then it is another task UGGHHHH" I say in a high pitch.

"Chill maar. I have already called the cab, he'll be here in another 1.5 hrs. Breakfast is ready at my place and now I am going to go make us both a coffee while you take a shower, Then I will help you pack while we have our coffees and finally, we'll do the web check-in over breakfast. You'll be done and still have the time for a goodbye hug for me before the driver pulls in" he said extremely chilled while leaning over the kitchen counter with his charming smile on his face beaming at me with the milk container in his hand. 

I let out a sigh of relief. "Thank you! you're a lifesaver!" And give him a quick smile rushing to the shower quickly and I heard a slight chuckle as I closed the door behind me.

Aarav and Viti got engaged last Thursday. Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays are usually the busiest days for cafe and so went by in a jiffy. I barely got time to get my chores done and that explains my sleeping in late. It was the Monday morning, and I had a flight to Mumbai. I had promised Aarav to be there for him whatever the case would've been. Well, he would've needed me more if Viti's answer would've been different and for absolutely different reasons but now that it is a positive one, I'm going there to celebrate! 

Aarav and Viti had already announced their engagement to the near and dear ones, but they were still deciding on the engagement party's details. Well, hopefully they figure it out sooner than they figured out their feelings for each other. I laughed to myself as I stepped out of my room dressed in a simple white graphic tee and comfortable gray sweatpants, my hair let down with mascara and lip-gloss on. 

I grab my coffee that was lying on the kitchen counter and Ansh dragging them to the room

I grab my coffee that was lying on the kitchen counter and Ansh dragging them to the room. I open the suitcase and start tossing the clothes into the suitcase which he had started to neatly fold and keep on the bed. As soon as I'm done tossing the clothes, I help him fold them and put them in the suitcase. Once the suitcase was packed, he took the mugs to the kitchen and started washing them while I grabbed the miscellaneous stuff and put it in my handbag. 

Then we went to his place and had a quick brunch, and I did the web check-in. We were laughing about the morning incident, and he had been constantly teasing me about how high my pitch had gone while I was panicking. It was a perfect Brunch. later I helped him with the dishes while he carried down my suitcase. 

 I stepped out with his keys and my keys in my hands. Our doors were exactly opposite each other. I owned the left side of the bungalow, and he owned the right. I quickly checked whether my door was locked and started going down the stairs recounting whether I had taken all the essentials or not? 

"................Charger? Check! Air pods? Check! Book? Check! Wallet? Check! Door? Locked!" I recounted everything by the time I was standing in front of him. "You're forgetting something" He said. "No, I have taken everything I needed, and here are the keys to my apartment, please water the plants. I'll call to check!" I say dangling the keys in front of him. "Chalo isi bahaane call to karegi yeh ladki" (At least she'll call due to this reason). he said slightly laughing and continued, "I wasn't talking about taking! I was talking about giving, My Goodbye hug?" He said opening up his arms. 

I laughed and gave him a tight hug saying, "Thank you for everything today, Ansh! you always look out for me so much! Dinner on me once I am back!" I said breaking the hug.

"C'mon Inika it's just us here for each other, If not us then who is going to look out for us? And you look out for me just the same" he said with a warm smile. 

The cab pulled in soon after and he helped me with my bag and I left waving him a goodbye. I plugged in my air pods and started listening to one of my favorites:

Lag ja gale ki phir ye hasin raat
Shaayad phir is janam men mulaaqaat ho na ho
Lag ja gale ki phir ye hasin raat ho na ho
Shaayad phir is janam men mulaaqaat ho na ho
Lag jaa gale se ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys! 

The first few chapters are going to be a little slow. But worry not, it is just the calm before the storm haha. Are you excited to meet Som? and did you like Devansh? let me know in the comments below! 

keep supporting and voting!

LOVE LOVE:)