CHO:06 - FLASHBACK

SOM'S POV

Aaj fir ek baar humaare bhaavnaao ka baandh tutt ne par aa gayatha. Aaj fir ek baar hum haar jaate. Uss ke saamne? Vo ladki jisne humse humaara sab kuch cheen liya? vo ladki jiske vajah se humaare paas sab hote hue bhi, humaari sabse keemti cheej humaare paas nahi hai. Humaara parivaar. Ek jhatke mein humse humaara sab kuch cheen ne ke baad bhi uss mein itni himmat hai ki humaare saamne khade ho kar hum se zubaan ladaa sake? (Today once again my bottled feelings threatened to burst open. Today again I would've lost. To her? The girl that snatched away everything from me? the girl because of whom even after I have everything at my disposal  I don't have the most precious thing to me. My family. She took away everything from me in an instant and still has the audacity to stand in front of me and argue?

*FLASHBACK*

"Som, Viti tumhari zimmedaari thi! Tumhaare bharose, ghar se itne dur humne usse padhne bheja tha. Tum bass itni chotisi zimmedaari nahi sambhaal paaye? Kal jab tum par zimmedaariya badhengi tab kaise sambhaal paaoge?" (Som, Viti was your responsibility! Trusting that you will look after her we sent her so far away from home to study. You couldn't even handle this small responsibility? In future when the responsibilities increase, how will you handle those?) Tau-sa said in a composed voice from the other end of the phone. I could sense his wrath. And rightfully so. The only princess and his only daughter had been missing for the past 30 hours and he had just found that out. 

"Hum aur tumhare pita Mumbai ke liye nikal rahe hai. Ek STRS (Special Trained Royal Security) Team already nikal gayi hai, mumbai pohochti hogi. We will be landing there by today evening. Tabb takk agar ho sake toh cheejo ko aur matt bigadne dena." (Me and your dad are leaving for mumbai. One STRS (Special Trained Royal Security) Team has already left; they'd be reaching mumbai. We will be landing there by today evening. And until then if possible, please do not let things get worse) He continued and cut the call as soon as he was finished speaking not giving me a chance to respond.

I know my family is so disappointed in my actions right now. Had i not been so distracted, I would be able to keep an eye out for Vitti and she wouldn't have gone missing. None of us knew where she was. I was just constantly praying that she was alright, and this was just a way of her being a brat and trying to make me agree to her decision of being with Aarav and nothing more.

It had been 3 months since I had found out about Aarav and Vitti. At first I had dismissed it as nothing but infatuation, but eventually I realized it was much more serious than just that and had been going on for much longer than I had suspected anything.  After I had made my intentions of not blessing the couple clear, Viti had been very distant. But never had I thought that she would pull something this extreme to get me to agree with her. 

I was with Inika the night Viti disappeared. But as soon as I got the call from security that Viti had disappeared, I hurried out of there. I was trying to call Inika's phone to let her know the situation and apologize for not reaching out since I left her there without any explanation. But her phone was unreachable at the moment. I will call her back later on once this mess is resolved. 

I tried calling Aarav as well but even his phone had been unreachable. God knows what these two friends are up to. But him not being concerned about Viti's disappearance just proved my point of him not being the right match for her. I called the head of security for any updates, but the only thing he was able to provide me with was that Viti had left her phone home and wasn't seen since she left. 

*FLAHBACK ENDS*

I snapped out of my trance when my phone starts ringing. Mantri ji the name flashed on the screen. "Hello" I said picking the call. "Pandit ji ne Rajyabhishek ki taarik tayy kar li hai aur Rani ma ne bhi haami bhar di hai. Agle Mahine ki 24 tareek ko aap ka Rajyabhishek hoga Hukum" (The priest has decided on a date for the coronation and Rani ma has also agreed to it. The 24th of next month will be your coronation day) He said with a hint of excitement in his voice. "Ji Theek hai. Hum baaki charcha Ma sa se kar lenge, kal. Dhanyavaad" (Okay. I will talk to mother regarding other details, tommorow . Thank you) I say and cut the call after a polite bye.

And this day which I had been dreading for the past one year is here. I had not given any reason to anyone for believing that I was incompetent. But the only person I failed to convince was myself. How could I protect a whole kingdom when i was unable to protect my own family.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahhhhh I know it has been long since the last chapter. And this was a small chapter as I did not get much time but I promise I will be uploading the chapters more frequently now. 

Keep supporting and voting.

LOVE LOVE :)