Chapter 8: Battle Ready

"YEEEEEAAAAAAAAH-HAH-HAH-HAAAAAAA...!!!!"

The young Draiken girl – Veena Alko – screamed out at the top of her lungs in triumphant success, face beaming brightly as she leapt up for joy. With her arms up high, the calm and focused aura she portrayed previously was non-existent. In its place was a young teenage Draiken girl ecstatic by her long-awaited achievement. She embraced the moment of triumph with full glory, refusing to let anyone take away her moment until she's satisfied.

"Err ... Miss Alko? You can exit the arena now."

A heavy, masculine voice then called out to her awkwardly through the overhead speakers, hesitant to break her moment of celebration yet also conscious on the time.

"...Ah."

Veena halted her jumps for joy as she glanced over to the observation window to her left, her face flustered as she realised she had acted excessively. Overcome with embarrassment, she lowered her arms and refined her posture immediately.

"Ah-hah-haa ... sorry, Chrom. I got carried away." She apologized, chuckling to herself as her soft yet spunky tone echoed across the vacant digitized arena.

Veena then stepped over to the door situated beside the observation window, passing through into the homely lobby of the Battle Simulation Club – or 'Battle-Sim' for short. The Lobby was a haven for socialisation and vital recuperation. There were various couches and sofas spaced-out in sections of lobby, circling designated glass tables and housing various club members. In terms of aesthetic, the lobby was plastered in various shades of blue, purple, violet, and a hint of turquoise – acting as a cleansing solution after an intension session in the simulation. Finally, a bar serving various refreshments and revitalising potions sat at the very back of the lobby, enticing the young Draiken girl to quench her thirst with its range of options.

However, as she took a step forward, she was bombarded immediately by three fellow club members.

"That was AMAZING, Veena!"

"I'm so jealous. How were you able to pull it off so flawlessly?"

"You need to teach us everything you know! And I mean everything!"

The three fellow female Draiken formed an impenetrable wall in front of Veena, all of whom were of similar age to her. The first of the trio who had first congratulated her was a short, bubbly girl with blond shoulder-length bob hair and fair-blue eyes hidden behind rectangular glasses. She wore a light, summery attire to match with her fluorescent green wings, further emphasising her bright personality.

The second to speak was a taller, bronze-skinned, sophisticated girl with long braided black hair and exquisite maroon eyes. She wore neat, luxurious attire that were fashionable during social appearance yet also breathable for extreme activities. Additionally, her wings were a luminous bronze sheen, adding to her gracious and independent attitude.

The third was an eccentric, tomboyish girl who stood at average height. She had hazel eyes and dense, pixie-styled ginger hair, matching her outgoing personality yet also discarding any meaningless distraction when in action. She also sported extensive attire with various zippers and belt-buckles equipped – mostly designed with cosmetic in mind over practical use. Furthermore, her wings were filled with bright lavender scales, completing her quirky nature with its vibrant appearance.

Their names: Lillis, Reina, and Nai respectively. The trio were Veena's childhood friends, hanging out together throughout their time at the local academy and during their free-time at the Battle-Sim.

"Now-now, you three. Give the girl some breathing room." A deep, masculine voice advised the trio.

Veena glanced over upon hearing the familiar voice, with the other three following suit. They noticed a bald, toned man a few years passed his prime approach casually, his hands in pockets and an impressed smirk strapped across his stubble jaw. He wore a simple uniform consisting of a rolled-up sleeved tracksuit top – complete with the Battle-Sim's emblem weaved into the top left corner – and matching joggers. His dark-grey wings also fit his physical appearance; bulkier than many average-sized adult Draiken and the veins of the inner skin more pronounced in appearance. He was the Battle-Sim's director and mentor to the four: Master Chrom.