Changes in the Demon Slayer Corp

(Nezuko POV:)

I woke up in the Butterfly mansion. I had a headache, and I was barely able to feel my back.

"Nezuko, you are awake!" - Kanao said. She came closer to me. "Are you okay? How are your wounds?"

I answered that I was alright. Kanao looked relieved to hear that. She gave me a glass of water. After drinking, I asked if her eyes were ok.

"I'm fine. I still have some vision. And the would doesn't hurt anymore." - Kanao explained. "Though the Coprs are almost destroyed..."

I gasped. The Corps? Destroyed? This can't be real.. And all of that because of Muzan! 

"What happened?" - I asked.

"Well, some of the demon slayers with lower ranks managed to survive. The same goes for the kakushis. Almost all the hashira were killed - the wind hashira and the water hashira are the only ones alive. But their wounds are so bad that Aoi and master convinced them to leave the corps. "You have 4 years left - live them happily. We will be able to kill the new demon king." - that's what master said. The wind hashira almost fainted when he heard that he couldn't kill demons anymore, but in the end, he agreed alongside his colleague to leave. He also gave me the serpent hashira's sidekick, Kaburamaru."

I realized that there was a white snake around Kanao's neck. I was so surprised that I jumped and almost fell off the bed. After I calmed down, I gave some pats to Kaburamaru and asked the question that has been bothering me all the time:

"Who are the hashiras now?"

Kanao sighted. Her eyes were full of sadness.

"Since me, Zenitsu, and Inosuke are the only surviving ones that fought Muzan directly, we will surely become the next hashiras. Master said that we should train with all our might so that we can take our new spots as soon as possible. Inosuke was really happy to hear that he will be promoted as one of the strongest. Poor guy - after he woke up, he cried for 2 days because of what happened to Tanjiro.. luckily, Aoi was able to calm him down.."

I felt really bad for Inosuke.. Tanjiro was his first ever friend, and now.. But maybe this was my fault too.. if I didn't turn into a demon, my brother wouldn't have become a demon slayer, and the battle in the infinity castle probably wouldn't have started. But.. I can't change the past..

"Aoi said that she wants to become a demon slayer, so she is now teaching Kiyo, Naho, and Sumi how to take care of the patients. The flame hashira's younger brother already started training under his father's wing - his katana was able to change color. Zenitsu is crying every day because of his wounds. Even though Inosuke is injured a lot worse, he still doesn't say a word.."

"Can I see Inosuke and Zenitsu?" - I asked, hoping that she would give permission.

"Yeah, I will call them now."

A few minutes later, the guys came into my room. Zenitsu screamed my name and took my hands in his:

"OH MY GOD, NEZUKO-CHAN IS AWAKE! NEZUKO, YOU ARE SO ADORABLE, AMAZING, BEAUTIFUL, CUTE, WONDERFUL, WILL YOU MARRY MEEEEE???"

"SHUT UP!" - Aoi shouted and slapped Zenitsu. " You are annoying us!"

"It hurts!" - Zenitsu screamed and looked angrily at Aoi.

I smiled, and then I realized that I couldn't hear Inosuke's voice. I turned back and I saw him. He was wearing his mask as usual, but something with him wasn't right.

"Inosuke? Are you okay?" - I asked.

"Bro's depressed." - Zenitsu answered instead.

Aoi, Kanao, and I burst out laughing. Inosuke didn't look happy at all.

"Happy.. you're awake, " he said and left the room, leaving everyone shocked. Aoi said that she would go with him and she also left. Kanao left because she had something to do. Now it was only me and Zenitsu.

"Nezuko-chan, don't worry about Tanjiro. I promise you that we will all do our best to turn him back into a human."- he said.

I nodded quietly and looked through the window. He was right. Everything was going to be okay.

//688 words

I am sure that I have lots of mistakes. English is not my first language.. 😭