Chapter 13: United bliss Pt. 1

The anniversary was a complete success. First, they gave each other the most wonderful pieces of jewelry, which they both wore to symbolize their love for one another. Next, they went to a romantic dinner, eating their favorite meals and drinking champagne while talking away in the night. Finally, they went to a meadow, a meadow where they had their first date arriving in New York. And they were given the most beautiful gift of all, one that symbolizes the truest of love...

They are now engaged! Ichabod did it, he proposed! It was a tearful but happy night that ended in pure bliss. Now, it was time to plan the wedding. It was going to take some time, but it was going to be worth it. They were going to make sure that it was the best and most memorable wedding in all of New York. 

Over the next few months, the wedding planning was a little stressful, a lot of tasks needing to be fulfilled, but with them working together, they were able to do it. Rose and Serena even had a girl's day at one point, going wedding dress shopping, going to lunch, and just having girl talk. They had gotten so close, already thinking of each other as long lost sisters. They had very similar personalities; bubbly, sweet, kind, energetic and full of life. 

The dress she picked out was absolutely gorgeous and she knew that Ichabod's jaw would drop to the floor when he saw her in it. They weren't going to have a lot of people at the actual ceremony; it was only going to be Ichabod, Serena, Rose, Clark, and Silver. They thought it would be more memorable that way, celebrating their marriage with the closest people they care about. It was going to be a wedding, that they would never forget. 

A few months later, it was time for the wedding. One of the most special day's in a human being's life. Clark was in one room of the chapel, helping his best friend get ready to be wed. He had ditched his long trench coat and traded it for a nice, jet black tuxedo that fit his frame perfectly. He also wore a black bowtie, and on his right index finger, the ring that Serena gave to him on their anniversary. He looked at himself in the mirror as Clark straightened his bowtie before patting his shoulders. 

"Serena is one lucky woman, Ichabod. You and her are happy together and I can see it in your eyes. And as sad as this is going to sound, I am glad that her and I didn't work out. I still regret the things I said, but us not working out, it led her to you. We are all friends and I am truly grateful for that." 

Ichabod let out a breath he didn't realize he'd been holding in, looking at Clark before patting his shoulders as well. "I'm not mad at you, Clark. I mean, yeah, she was heartbroken, but we are together now, and all of us get along. That's all that matters. She is the light of my life and I will do everything in my power to make sure she is protected, loved and safe." 

Clark smiled and nodded his head before moving to the side so Ichabod could fully look at himself in the mirror. "I know you will. You're a good man and you deserve each other..."

Meanwhile, in the opposite room, Rose was smoothing out Serena's veil, the dress she was wearing hugging her body perfectly and accentuating her curves. The bodice was a cream color, strapless and adorned with sequins, the heart shaped neckline outlining the shape of her breasts. The skirt of the dress was long and flowy, as white as snow, and her veil; white, lacy and floral patterned, barely touching the floor. 

Something old, even though it wasn't even that old; her engagement ring on her right index finger. It was a beautiful ring and she knew she had to wear it on their wedding day. It was a symbol of love, and her actual wedding ring that she would soon wear would only show how much she really loved him. The diamond earrings with a blue gem that dangled from her ears, were a mixture of something new and blue; Rose had bought them for her as a wedding gift, and Serena absolutely adored them. She was going to make good use of them, treasuring them with all she had. And something borrowed, which made Serena feel like a princess, was a tiara on her head that Rose had wore on her wedding day.