distance in miles [ juju watkins ]

a/n: a little sad one for yall 😛

Since they were eight years old, Y/n and Juju were inseparable. They were the best dynamic duo (until they added Mack & became a trio), but you would never see one without the other.

    They were best friends until the end of their sophomore year when they both confessed their feelings towards each other and became girlfriends hours after a party.

    No one really saw a difference in the interactions between the two at school. Everyone either thought they were already dating, or made bets on when they would. Their friends weren't surprised in the slightest, though some of them did lose and gain a couple of bucks.

    During their senior year of high school, signing day was coming close for college basketball. It was around the middle of the fall semester, and both of the girls were dreading it. 

Juju knew of her decision earlier than when Y/n made hers, but they had yet to tell each other. When she found out she got the offer to USC, excitement radiated off of her as soon as she heard the news, but an unsettling feeling soon replaced it in the pit of her stomach. 

'What about Y/n?' she thought.

She was madly in love with the girl, and could barely go a day without physically being around her, how was she going to survive being so far from her other half?

Juju knew Y/n more than anyone, and she knew where Y/n's dream school was located. Judea also knew that she had the offer from the college, and how upset she would be with Y/n if the girl didn't take it.

Part of her didn't want to talk to Y/n about it, to push this conversation as far away as possible; scared of the possibilities of the future. But she knew she had to and fast because the date of commitment was only a few days away.

    While Juju was struggling with her decisions & choices, Y/n was having some of her own. She finally decided she was going to UConn.

    The reason being was because ever since she was a little kid, she had always wanted to be a husky. Her dad always talked about his favorite memories while playing college ball at Duke, but she could only picture herself in those memories in the navy, white, & red jerseys. Y/n could always remember the way his smile lines and dimples would appear every time she asked him to tell her a story, and she wanted to experience that happiness as well. The one vision that plagued her mind 80% of the time was the absolute joy on his face when she said she wanted to be just like him and play basketball for a big school like he did. He unfortunately passed away when she was 12, leaving her and her memories of them together behind.

She felt like she had to do it, not only for him but for her future. The University of Connecticut was the best option for her, but there was only one major thought holding her back. What about Juju? The brown-eyed girl was Y/n's lifeline, she literally couldn't remember the last time she was without her.

They've been with each other through all types of thick and thin, many situations & problems, neither could see how their life would work without the other.

    Both girls knew about each other's pending choices, but neither knew that the other had settled on an answer.

The two were in their last class of the day waiting for the bell to ring. They both decided on their own that they would tell the other what was going on after school.

So as soon as the bell rang the two darted out of their classes to Y/n's car, the place where they would always meet up after school.

"I gotta tell you something important."
"We need to talk."