I Want That Can't Sleep Love

A/N: Based loosely upon this prompt on writing-prompts-for-otps on Tumblr: 'A wide awake B calling a drowsy and sleepy A to tell them goodnight. Bonus points if A was already asleep and the sound of their phone ringing woke them up:)'

 Bonus points if A was already asleep and the sound of their phone ringing woke them up:)'

Mark tossed and turned in his bed, the blankets and sheets twisted around his legs. He was becoming quite frustrated with the fact that he couldn't sleep. He had decided to call it an early night after a long day of recording and editing, dedicating himself to waking early to ensure he had more time the next day. Of course, he had Lixian to help him but he wasn't about to put all the work onto him.

He hadn't spoken to Seán today either, but he figured that since they were both busy and on different time zones, it would have been difficult anyway. Mark would just catch him tomorrow so they could have a lengthy skype call.

He'd been dating Seán for about 6 months now and while they weren't out to their communities just yet, everyone around them knew about them and their relationship. They were lucky to have such supportive friends. None of them even batted an eyelid when they came clean at a convention after being caught kissing by Ken.

Felix had exclaimed 'Its about fuckin' time!' and most of their other friends had said the same thing.

Seán spent the first month of their relationship in LA, aiming to spend time with Mark since he lived in Brighton and didn't plan on moving anytime soon. It was a lovely month but he cried when the green haired Irishman left. At the airport, he almost couldn't detach himself from his boyfriend but eventually, after whispers of his return, he gave Seán his suitcase and let him go.

It hurt like hell for Mark to watch him walk away. Even if his ass looked good in his blue jeans.

Now here he was, five months later, rolling around sweaty in his bed, unable to sleep. He needed his boyfriend to cuddle with. He'd gotten so used to having the big koala that was Seán wrapped around him when he opened his eyes in the morning, breathing into his neck. He'd been spoiled, really and now that his boyfriend was gone, he'd been struggling to sleep a wink.

Mark opened his eyes, previously shut from his last attempt, squinting in the dark to see his phone laying on the bedside table, charging. He stared at it for a while, trying to decide whether or not to grab it and dial the Irish lad even if it was early in the morning there and he was probably fast asleep.

Chewing on his lower lip, the dark haired man sighed, grabbing his pillow and pressing it into his face, groaning out loud. Upon hearing his groan, Chica stirred from her spot at the end of his bed, peeking her head over the edge of it.

"Hi girl, its okay. Dad's just having an internal battle. No big deal." Mark muttered, tucking his pillow back under his head, shifting himself to sit up in his bed.

She went back to lay down on the floor and he grabbed his phone, ripping the phone cord out of it. The least he could do is say goodnight even if it was morning time for his boy.

Mark unlocked his phone, opening his contacts, and scrolling down to Seán's contact in his phone listed as 'H U B B Y' and several lovey emojis. He refused to be embarrassed about it even if Wade had given him shit for it while searching for a number in his phone. If he was envisioning a future with him after just six months then, well that was just his business alone. Frankly, it was a feat to even consider having a future that wasn't based solely upon YouTube.

His thumb hesitated over the call button but eventually he swallowed his anxiety and pressed it, preparing himself for a earful of an angry Irish accent he couldn't understand.

The call picked up but instead of a hello, he heard the Irishman groan.

"Hi babe." Mark said, trying to soften Seán up before he managed to speak.

"Mark," Seán started, his accent thick with his sleepiness. It made Mark's heart jump to hear his name spoken that way. "Are you aware that its five in the morning here?"

The man flushed, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand. "Maybe."

Mark heard shuffling on the other line, assuming his boy was situating himself in a way that would make it easier for him to talk on the phone. When he was in LA, he usually slept on his stomach, face buried into a pillow or tucked against Mark's side, face dug into his neck and shoulder.

"So whatdya want?"

"I just wanted to call you. Its nine or ten here and I was trying to sleep but I couldn't." He shrugged even though Seán couldn't see him. "Realized I hadn't spoken to you so I wanted to say goodnight. Hear your voice."

He could hear the other man sigh and then chuckle softly into the phones receiver. "You know that I can't be mad at ya when you're talkin' like that, Marky. I'm sorry I didn't talk to ya today. I've been a little busy."

"You don't have to apologize, baby. If anyone gets it, I do." Mark responded, a smile etched into his face as he stared down at his fingers tangling in the sheets. "I just can't live without your voice anymore, I guess."

"I fuckin' love you, you know?" Seán said. "I know we haven't said that yet, but I really do. Frankly, i've been sleepin' shit since I came back to England."

The dark haired man paused, blinking a few times at his boy's admission. Did Seán really say what he thought he said? He pulled his phone away from his ear, looking down at it for a moment, making sure the call was actually connected and he wasn't dreaming, before placing it back to his ear.

"Did you just-" Mark started, but he was cut off.

"Yeh. I did."

It was so matter of fact that he couldn't seem to grasp it. An awkward cough from the man on the other end of the phone startled him back to life, kicking his brain into high gear.

He exhaled heavily. "Seán."

Seán chuckled again and Mark could hear the bright grin in his voice uncharacteristic of him so early in the morning. "Usually you'd say it back about now. Or am I wrong? Do you not?"

"I love you!" The older man rushed out, startled out of his shock, almost screaming into his phone. "I fucking love you, you Irish bastard. I'm so in love with you. So much I can't sleep, as it seems."

"I'm sorry. Maybe I can help with that, though. I'm gonna stay with you on the phone until you fall asleep." The Irishman offered, laying himself back down in bed, pulling the covers up over himself while heard Mark situate himself in the bed.

Sure enough, after fifteen minutes of soft mumbling from his boyfriend in his ear, Mark was feeling quite drowsy. He was talking about his day and how Mark made him happier than he's ever been in his life. He even started singing some random Irish song from when he was a kid.

Mark's body felt like butter melting in a hot pan. It was all just enough that he had to work to keep himself awake enough to tell him goodnight once more.

"Mm. Seán baby."

"Yes, Marky?" He replied, all soft tones. A harsh opposite to his usual persona.

"Top of the mornin' to ya laddy." Mark said, giggling sleepily.

His boyfriend sighed, a hint of tiredness and maybe vague annoyance also apparent in his breath. It made the brown eyed male giggle more, unable to stop the giddy feeling seeping slowly into his pores.

"I fuckin' hate you sometimes."

"I love you too, gorgeous. So much."

Mark sighed heavily, a dreamy smile spread fast across his face as he fell headfirst into a deep slumber, not much on his mind but a particular Irishman, his adorably tired voice, and the love that spread like a wildfire through his chest.