Please Don't Go

A/N: This is based on this prompt given to me on ao3 in the comments: How about a story that Jack is with Mark when he has the heart attack after drinking too much, and he's in the hospital waiting room, panicking because the never told Mark how he felt, and thinking it could be too late?

I am in no way basing this on what actually happened to Mark, event for event. Since obviously Jack wasn't there when it happened and i'm not really going to search for the exact details. I have a vague idea of what happened based on what Mark's said before, so some of it is based on an event that took place and the rest i'm bluffing on. So don't roast me if its not accurate!

Usually, when I hear the song from above in my head is while Jack is in the waiting room suffering from a lack of information and the thoughts in his head.

The night had started out well enough. He and Mark had gotten together while he was in LA and wanted to hang out.

He'd just done a drunk minecraft video with Wade and Bob so Mark was a little tipsy when he answered the door, smiling dazedly when Jack knocked, pulling him in by the hand.

"Hey man, I see you got an early start." Jack chuckled, stumbling into the house, toeing his shoes off by the door.

"Just filming stuff for youtube." Mark responded, heavily plopping down onto his couch. "Its good to see you. Its been a while."

He cleared his throat, trying to tamp down the flush that was threatening to spread across the fair skin of his face.

See, the thing was, ever since he and Mark had first met, Jack was starting to feel a bunch of things he definitely knew he probably shouldn't considering he thought he wasn't into guys. He'd only been with and felt attraction to girls.

At first he had rationalized that Mark had a personality that tended to magnitize and draw you in the more you were around him, but then, that felt wrong. It didn't seem to offer Jack any sense of ease in what he was feeling. It didn't explain the flurry of emotions that had accompanied the presence of said man.

He'd ended up calling Malcolm at midnight that night, trying to figure himself out in spurts of tears and heavy breaths. He was pretty sure that he was in the midst of a sexuality crisis at the time but he wasn't really going to say that out loud. He'd been trying to make it sound as platonic as possible as he hyperventilated on the phone but eventually, his brother shushed him and told him that if he was attracted to Mark, that it wouldn't bother him, and that it probably wouldn't bug their mother either.

It was something he didn't know he needed at the time, the reassurance that he wouldn't lose the people close to him for having feelings for his best friend but it helped. At least, that's what the Irishman figured was happening. It was way too new a territory to be completely sure.

At least, it was six months ago when they'd been together.

When he returned home and had to face Signe, it wasn't easy to tell her that he was struggling with this. It took him a couple months to own up to it after she had asked him a couple times what was bothering him. Eventually, she was getting too smart and catching on way too quickly through the way his mood would lift after collaborations with Mark, so he told her.