34.- Mercy Goes Unrewarded

His first attack consisted of two gloves moving from opposite directions, leaving behind a trail of fireballs that aimed at Ninja's soul and flew out of the box when he dodged them. On his turn, he opted to talk.

*You quietly tell ASGORE you don't want to fight him.
*His hands tremble for a moment.

Fireballs rained from above in a loop like pattern that moved, making it almost impossible to dodge it, with another wave of it appearing before finally allowing Ninja to have his turn.

Ninja tried talking again, getting a different response.

*His breathing gets funny for a moment.

Fire rained from above as an exclamation point appeared to the left, indicating a cascade of fireballs before another exclamation point appeared on the right, another cascade of fireballs raining down before a third one also appeared, allowing Ninja to take a turn.

*You firmly tell ASGORE to STOP fighting.
*Recollection flashes in his eyes...

*ASGORE's ATTACK dropped!
*ASGORE's DEFENSE dropped!

Asgore stood in darkness, his eyes flashing a light blue as Ninja stood completely still, watching as Asgore's trident turned into a scythe in coloured as light blue, swinging it twice.
Ninja tried talking to him more, to no avail.
He dodged more fireballs and tried to talk to him multiple times until he finally realized it was futile, almost memorizing the attacks at that point and finally fighting, timing the hit to do the most damage, dealing around 150.

Asgore's health bar barely went down, showing just how much hp he really had. Oven mitts appeared in the box, leaving a trail of fireballs that targeted him as more mitts appeared, just barely grazing the side of Ninja's soul.
Ninja attacked again, dealing the same amount of damage and dodging the spinning circles of fireballs that were closing in on him, each closing faster than the other.

Ninja dealt another 150, dodging a rain of huge fireballs that slightly spun midair, starting off with leaving huge gaps to then closing in on him, dealing damage. Each time he took damage, he could feel it in his core more than usual despite the armour, due to his cracked soul.

Ninja healed one hp while dealing 150, Asgore's eyes flashing blue, then orange twice. Ninja stood in place for the blue scythe, moving during the other two swings to not take damage. Ninja repeated this process multiple times until both their health bars were about to get low, eating the Butterscotch-Cinnamon pie and watching as Asgore slightly reacted.

*The smell reminded ASGORE of something...

*ASGORE's ATTACK down!
*ASGORE's DEFENSE down!

Ninja continued to attack reluctantly as he tried to only bring Asgore a bit low, each attack slightly doing more damage as he brought Asgore's health down to less than half when a single hit did just over 500 damage, causing Asgore to fall to his knees, holding his chest.

"Ah...
...

So that is how it is.
...

I remember the day after my son died.

The entire underground was devoid of hope.

The future had once again been taken from us by humans. In a fit of anger, I declared war.

I said that I would destroy any human that came here.

I would use their souls to become godlike...

...and free us from this terrible prison.

Then, I would destroy humanity...and let monsters rule the surface, in peace. Soon, the people's hopes returned.

My wife, however, became disgusted with my actions. She left this place, never to be seen again.