September 20, 1812

The morning dew still clung to the grass as I prepared for my departure to London. Although this venture is for business, it is intertwined with matters of the heart and the happiness of those dear to me. My carriage awaits, and as I step into it, my mind reflects on the recent events at Netherfield and the future that now seems brighter for my dear friend Bingley.

My intent is to return to Netherfield in a ten-day's time, but first, I must attend to various affairs that require my attention in the city. It is a time of careful planning and execution, for the happiness of my sister Georgiana and Bingley's newfound joy are now closely connected to my own endeavors.

As the landscape passes by my window, my thoughts turn to the news I am to share with Georgiana. The engagement of Charles Bingley to Jane Bennet is a matter of great joy, one which I wholeheartedly endorse. It is an alliance that not only brings together two deserving souls but also signifies a new chapter for our intertwined families.

The thought of Bingley's contented future brings a smile to my lips. His unwavering affection for Jane has finally been allowed to flourish, and I take pride in having played a part in removing the obstacles that once stood in their way. His happiness is as important to me as my own, and I foresee many pleasant gatherings in the years to come.

As for Georgiana, the news will be received with equal parts surprise and delight. Her fondness for Jane is genuine, and the prospect of welcoming her as a sister will be a source of great happiness. I anticipate our reunion with eagerness, for I have much to discuss with her, not least of which is the role she may play in the upcoming nuptials.

London approaches, its skyline a familiar silhouette against the morning sky. The city is a hub of activity and commerce, a stark contrast to the pastoral calm of the countryside I have left behind. Yet, amidst the hustle and bustle, there is a tranquility in my heart—a tranquility born of the knowledge that love and friendship have triumphed.

My stay in London will be brief, but necessary. The matters at hand are pressing, and I am determined to see them settled with efficiency and care. My solicitors await, and I am ready to delve into the world of ledgers and legalities, ensuring that all is in order for my swift return to Netherfield and the joyous events that are to follow.

As I step out of the carriage and into the thrum of London life, I carry with me the knowledge that the days ahead hold promise and celebration. The union of Bingley and Jane is but the beginning of a series of joyful occasions, and I am honored to be a part of them.

And what of Elizabeth, I wonder? Her image lingers in my mind—a beacon guiding me through the fog of uncertainty. Her future, and perhaps our shared destiny, remain questions yet unanswered. But for now, I must focus on the tasks before me, confident that time will reveal all in due course.

Fitzwilliam Darcy