CHAPTER 6

Maeve stepped back out into the cold air. "Well, it was lovely having you, Maeve." Kathrine said from inside her house. Maeve turned around to see Kathrine and Paul huddled round the door. "Thank you. You have helped me loads." Maeve said, she stepped down off of the step. "No problem. See you later, Maeve." Kathrine waved goodbye to Maeve as she walked down the front path towards her parked car. "Bye." Mae waved goodbye and started walking towards her car. She dumped her bag in the back seat then went and sat in the drivers seat. Mae looked back up at the front door, Kathrine was still stood there. Waiting for Maeve to go. Mae watched Kathrine wave at her through her rear-view mirror as she drove down the street. 

"Well, how was it?" Maeve's mum asked as Mae sat down next to her on the sofa. Maeve sighed. "Good actually. I'm going to try find Timothy Baker's police report tomorrow. I have free periods after lunch so I'll just sit in the library and work away." Maeve stared at the paused tv. "That's good. Your fairly ahead with the whole assignment." Maeve's mum unpaused the tv. It was silence, till Maeve heard the loud footsteps come through from the kitchen. "Come on Dara." Maeve said as Dara jumped in between Mae and her mum. "Oh Dara." Maeve's mum said, starting to clap Dara.

****

The bell went, signaling the end of lunch. "Ugh! Higher Maths next. Easily the worst subject I ever took." Ella complained as her and Maeve stood up from their table in the Senior Study Room. Maeve laughed to herself. "I'm glad I have a free period next." Maeve put her bag over her shoulder and walked towards Ella. "Shut up. No need to rub it in my face." Ella said jokingly. Maeve and Ella laughed as they walked through the double doors into the busy hallway. "Meet you in the Locker Room." Ella said as she disappeared into the crowd of people. Maeve walked down the hallway towards the Library.

"Hello again." Mrs Ken said from her desk. Maeve scanned the room. All the tables seemed taken. "Hello, Mrs Ken. Is there any seats upstairs?" Maeve asked, looking towards the full tables along the ground floor. "Yes, go ahead. There is one of Mr Webster's Nat 5 English classes down here. I think only 2 or 3 people are upstairs." Mrs Ken said, looking up at the small second floor. "Thank you, Mrs Ken." Maeve gave Mrs Ken a warm smile before walking towards the wooden spiral staircase.

Upstairs, there were only 3 other people. Matthew - a boy from her English - and 2 other girls she didn't recognize. Maeve sat herself down at a small table for 2 next to the railings. Maeve sat and watched the people downstairs before realising she actually had work to do. "Come on Maeve, you have an assignment." Maeve whispered to herself.

30 minutes after starting her research, Maeve found what she wanted. Timothy Baker's police report. Maeve waited as the file downloaded. 

LIVERSTONE POLICE REPORT

CASE NUMBER: 18960

DATE OF INCIDENT:  Latest incident - 19/10/2015

TODAY'S DATE: 5/01/2016

CASE TYPE: Murder and Kidnap

FULL NAME: Timothy Peter Baker

DoB: 17/06/1993

CITY: Liverstone 

DETAILS: Timothy murdered 12 children between 2/01/2015 and 19/10/2015. Kenny Peterson - 2/01/2015. Jessica Myers - 28/01/2015. Elliot Roberts - 7/02/2015. Clare Evergreen - 27/02/2015. Kris Weller - 15/03/2015. Millie Ellis - 1/05/2015. Ryan Johnson - 25/05/2015. Pamila Downs - 9/06/2015. Lilli-Anne Simpson - 17/07/2015. Xavier Morgan - 18/08/2015. Georgie Paterson - 12/10/2015. Madison Klark - 19/10/2015. Each found in a bin bag with at least 20 cuts all over their bodies. Each cut no longer than 3cm. The cuts caused each child to bleed to death. Each victim was kidnapped and said they had found this weird person following them for a month. 

There it was. The names of every single victim of the Glass Killer. All the kids who were taken from their families and tortured till their death. An evil man watching them till their very last breath. 

Maeve stared at Timothy's birthday. 17th of June 1993. He was 22. 22 and a psychopath. He's probably still in prison, not even regretting his life choice once. He killed 12 innocent children and probably doesn't give 2 shits. 

Maeve screenshot the police report and put it into a word document. It could be used. Now, Maeve started researching about the court case. Maeve wanted to see the footage. She needed to see what happened. 

I DIDN'T DO IT, JUDGE. I DIDN'T. I WOULDN'T DO SUCH A THING. PLEASE JUDGE, BELIEVE ME! ME! DON'T LISTEN TO THE PARENTS. LISTEN TO ME! 

Maeve listened to Timothy's screams in court. His voice screamed through Maeve's headphones and into her ears. His screams were loud, easily terrifying to a younger audience. 

JUDGE! JURY! I DIDN'T DO IT! PLEASE! I COULDN'T KILL 12 CHILDREN! PLEASE! 

His cries for help seemed real. As if he meant them. Someone who didn't know the guy was unstable, they would believe him. They would believe he was actually screaming for help. 

Mr Timothy Baker, you have pleaded...guilty.

The judges voice was calm. Almost soothing in a way. Maeve could hear the cheers of families who got their child's killer arrested. Timothy didn't show his face after finding out the news. He looked down in disbelief, his screams weren't enough. His screams didn't save him. 

JUDGE! PLEASE! I PROMISE YOU! I AM NOT GUILTY! PLEASE! 

The screams started again. They were louder than all the cheering of families. The way he pleaded. Maeve watched in astonishment. Timothy seemed, so convincing.