{𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨}: ᴛʜᴇ ꜱɪᴇɢᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴏʀᴛʜ ᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪ

Third Person POV

The scene changes to where Katara is set to spar with a young boy named Sangok. She eyes her opponent with a look of determination. Sangok looks at her with a frightened expression on his face, shaking slightly. He summons a globule of water, freezes it into an iceball, and fires it at her. Katara, however, is quick to melt the iceball and, turning around swiftly, bends a wave of water at him, which she proceeds to freeze, thus suspending Sangok in an icy trap.

"Nice try, Pupil Sangok," Pakku says in displeasure. Sangok tries to break free.

"A couple of more years and you might be ready to fight a sea sponge." Pakku unfreezes the ice, with Sangok falling to the ground dazed.

"Would anyone care for a rematch with Katara?" 

Several students sit by the sidelines, all of them to be tired and unamused.

"Katara, you've advanced more quickly than any student I've ever trained." Pakku praises with a proud smile. 

Katara smiles brightly. 

"You have proven that with fierce determination, passion and hard work, you can accomplish anything." Pakku turns to Aang irritably. 

"Raw talent alone is not enough." Aang who is lying on the ground with a lazy smile, floating Momo around on an airball above him. Kehlani practices raising the snow into a platform beside him.

"Pupil Aang!" Pakku calls him, making Aang stop bending at the sound of his name, and Momo lands on top of him.

"Care to step into the sparing circle? I figure since you've found time to play with house pets, you must have already mastered waterbending." Pakku says with sarcasm.

Aang jumps off the ground with airbending.

"I wouldn't say mastered, but check this out." 

He twists around, bending some snow around him to make a snowman of himself, which Momo knocks over. Cut to Pakku, Katara, and Kehlani who wear similar expressions of disdain. Pakku shakes his head in disappointment, Katara looks on in irritation, and Kehlani pinches her nose with a sigh.

*Later That Day*

The scene cuts to where civilians have stopped to observe the sooty snow. 

Cuts to Aang and Kehlani, who laugh as they gleefully roll around in the snow in a circular pattern. Momo opens his mouth and catches a sooty snowflake only to bristle and spit out the contents. Aang stops playing around and looks up at the snowfall with a concerned face. Kehlani stops playing as well, catching the sooty snow in her palms.

 "It's soot." Katara knees beside her.

"Huh?"

"I've seen this before, right before my village was attacked. It's soot mixed with snow." Katara rises.

"What does that mean?" Kehlani stands up along with Aang.

"It means the Fire Nation is closing in on the North Pole. And from the looks of how much of this gunk there is, I'd say there's a lot of them."